How Much MOA is one is one click on an AR sight......???

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How Much MOA is one is one click on an AR sight......???

    Yes, I know that one click is .62 miles (or about 5/8 of a mile). But I was just reading about zeroing sights on a military rifle referencing clicks. As in four clicks to the right and up two clicks.

    So is a click on a front sight the same distance as a click on the rear sight........??? If a rifle is hitting 14" to the left and 10" low, how many clicks to bring it to near zero......????

  • #2
    Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
    Yes, I know that one click is .62 miles (or about 5/8 of a mile). But I was just reading about zeroing sights on a military rifle referencing clicks. As in four clicks to the right and up two clicks.

    So is a click on a front sight the same distance as a click on the rear sight........??? If a rifle is hitting 14" to the left and 10" low, how many clicks to bring it to near zero......????
    Depends on the sights and barrel length (or better sight radius). Generally the front sight post moves between 1.5 and 2.0 MOA with each "click".

    Comment


    • #3
      Is the rear the same..............????????

      Originally posted by Mobius View Post
      Depends on the sights and barrel length (or better sight radius). Generally the front sight post moves between 1.5 and 2.0 MOA with each "click".

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
        Is the rear the same..............????????
        No. I will have to dig around for the rifle Manual.
        Edited to add:The rear site adjusted left and rift as well as distance.

        On a govt issue A2 the rear site was geared towards distance from target. We (Marines) made our minor adjustments with front site post.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
          No. I will have to dig around for the rifle Manual.
          Edited to add:The rear site adjusted left and rift as well as distance.

          On a govt issue A2 the rear site was geared towards distance from target. We (Marines) made our minor adjustments with front site post.
          heres es a quick google search: http://www.armystudyguide.com/conten...a2-rifle.shtml

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks good find.........I bookmarked it.


            Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post

            Comment


            • #7
              FM 3-22.9, Appendix F

              Comment

              Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

              Collapse

              Footer Adsense

              Collapse
              Working...
              X