Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much MOA is one is one click on an AR sight......???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much MOA is one is one click on an AR sight......???

Yes, I know that one click is .62 miles (or about 5/8 of a mile). But I was just reading about zeroing sights on a military rifle referencing clicks. As in four clicks to the right and up two clicks.

So is a click on a front sight the same distance as a click on the rear sight........??? If a rifle is hitting 14" to the left and 10" low, how many clicks to bring it to near zero......????
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
    Yes, I know that one click is .62 miles (or about 5/8 of a mile). But I was just reading about zeroing sights on a military rifle referencing clicks. As in four clicks to the right and up two clicks.

So is a click on a front sight the same distance as a click on the rear sight........??? If a rifle is hitting 14" to the left and 10" low, how many clicks to bring it to near zero......????
    Depends on the sights and barrel length (or better sight radius). Generally the front sight post moves between 1.5 and 2.0 MOA with each "click".

Comment

Is the rear the same..............????????

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
      Depends on the sights and barrel length (or better sight radius). Generally the front sight post moves between 1.5 and 2.0 MOA with each "click".
      ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
        Is the rear the same..............????????
        No. I will have to dig around for the rifle Manual.
        Edited to add:The rear site adjusted left and rift as well as distance.

On a govt issue A2 the rear site was geared towards distance from target. We (Marines) made our minor adjustments with front site post.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
          No. I will have to dig around for the rifle Manual.
          Edited to add:The rear site adjusted left and rift as well as distance.

On a govt issue A2 the rear site was geared towards distance from target. We (Marines) made our minor adjustments with front site post.
          heres es a quick google search: http://www.armystudyguide.com/conten...a2-rifle.shtml

Comment

Thanks good find.........I bookmarked it.

Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post

Comment

FM 3-22.9, Appendix F

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X