Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh.....that wasn't what I meant. I've known about the crap they put "in" the popcorn, but you said "real popcorn" so that made me think there was some kind of actual fake corn out there now. You know.....kinda like when we found out there weren't real potatoes in some of these fast food french fries......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
      You know.....kinda like when we found out there weren't real potatoes in some of these fast food french fries......
      I must have missed that one. How do you make french fries without potatoes?
      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt-Hunter View Post
        I read. I have never been a member of any organization that didn't have those that are challenged, especially in an organization that requires no screening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I don't belong just for that reason. To many idiots.
        "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

Eddie Eagle? Isn't that about gun safety for kids? "If you find a gun, Don't touch, Tell an adult." I don't see how that's a bad thing for the NRA to promote in the education of young people. Nor do I see what that has to do with Adults at a gun range.

I fail to see how you (all inclusive) gain by withdrawing from the NRA.

Disclosure: Wife and I are Life Members of the NRA. We may not agree with their actions (or lack of) all the time, but we feel that it does a lot of good for the shooters, hunters, gun owners, etc. of America.

Comment

Half the people in the world are below average. Average isn't all that high. So are you a member of anything or are you concerned that some might be , and probably are, stupid? Shucks, I believe half of the folks in congress are stupid. So, how would you compare the amount of stupid members in the NRA, number wise, with any other organization?

Comment

Only half the people in Congress are stupid? NancyP and company brings the average down a lot! Being able to win an election is not an IQ test.

rbuck351 brings up a good point about half over and half under. The bell shaped curve idea will note that "most" people are reasonably close to the average. For me the topic of this off topic tale is: it does not matter if a person is smarter or not, if that person is not acting safely on a gun range, it is up to the rest of us to correct the behavior or have the person removed. Stamping our feet and withdrawing from the NRA does not correct the situation. In most cases a little education will take care of the problem.

I've seen a lot of really "smart" people do and promote some really "stupid" things. You don't have to be "smart" to make the world a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonardC View Post
                In most cases a little education will take care of the problem.

I've seen a lot of really "smart" people do and promote some really "stupid" things. You don't have to be "smart" to make the world a better place.
                Sometimes, you "can't fix stupid", and the smart thing to do is just give it a wide berth.
                ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Comment

Originally posted by rbuck351 View Post
                  Shucks, I believe half of the folks in congress are stupid. So, how would you compare the amount of stupid members in the NRA, number wise, with any other organization?
                  Only half? They are smart enough to bamboozle most people. The ones that vote them back in. Fully 121,000 more then half here in michigan. The same that believes their candidates were for the middle class yet less then a month later will be hit with a new gas tax making Michigan the highest taxed state on gas. Stealing 1.2 billion a year more from the middle class.

So folks give to an organization to help preserve the second amendment. So did i. The organization should be educating the public, helping law enforcement with current laws and setting a higher standard. ....but they don't. My money goes elsewhere.

Do you remember the line, "just because you have the ability to speak, doesn't mean your intelligent. " Well just because you have the ability to have gun, doesn't mean you have brain to use it properly". Spend time on youtube. See the ratio of people using them correctly to one's who don't. NRA protects them both. The abusive husband, the sweeper, the 9mm in a 45, scope pitcher, all of them.
                  "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

Originally posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
                    Do you remember the line, "just because you have the ability to speak, doesn't mean you're intelligent. " .
                    There.....fixed it for ya......
                    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
                      Eddie the Eagle mean anything?
                      That is why I qualified my statement with "per se". Eddy The Eagle is A program of the NRA. And you can lead a horse to water, and all that, but you can't make him drink. Eddy the Eagle isn't hunters ed. It's a simple gun awareness program. Finally, were these people that you are reporting about flashing their Eddy the Eagle cards, or the card one gets when they sign up for the NRA by sending in their money (with absolutely no other qualifications)? Still confused as to how that relates Ron. I think you have an ax to grind.

Comment

To be technically correct, by definition half the people in any group are below the median level of intelligence. The average may be skewed to mess up the bell curve, but the median point if the half way dividing line.

To get back on topic - in my experience most- but not quite all - of the people bad mouthing the NRA are just closet liberals trying to find a way to squeeze their anti-gun agenda into the conversation. I've seen it over and over again over the past 50 years or so I've followed the anti-gun movement. I've stop wasting my time with them but I will warn others.

Originally posted by rbuck351 View Post
                        Half the people in the world are below average. Average isn't all that high. So are you a member of anything or are you concerned that some might be , and probably are, stupid? Shucks, I believe half of the folks in congress are stupid. So, how would you compare the amount of stupid members in the NRA, number wise, with any other organization?
                        Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
                        ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Comment

Originally posted by tvfinak View Post
                          To be technically correct, by definition half the people in any group are below the median level of intelligence. The average may be skewed to mess up the bell curve, but the median point if the half way dividing line.

To get back on topic - in my experience most- but not quite all - of the people bad mouthing the NRA are just closet liberals trying to find a way to squeeze their anti-gun agenda into the conversation. I've seen it over and over again over the past 50 years or so I've followed the anti-gun movement. I've stop wasting my time with them but I will warn others.
                          Well I have never been in the closet about anything. Well bad mouthing, one of your life members just shot his rifle 2 hours past sun down during whitetail season. Another fine upstanding person. I wonder if he will hang it in the tree out front. Yep, liberal folks.... I stopped hunting at 5:30. So liberal. ....

Edwin Hubble

Comment

Originally posted by tabmarine View Post
                            Why did you "resign" your membership? IMO without the NRA we would all have muzzle loaders with cardboard balls
                            I had several reasons, but the trigger that motivated me to act was NRA's opposition to a law in Florida that required gun owners who have children in the home to put trigger locks on, or otherwise secure, their guns is a safe and responsible manner.

Other issues that motivated me to leave was their attack on S&W for "selling out" to the Clinton administration (How DARE they include trigger locks with their guns!), and the fact that in virtually every instance, the money I gave to NRA, ILA, Friends of NRA, went, in one manner or another, to elect Republican candidates for office who, by and large, do not represent an ideal I wish to support with my money. (I don't much like to support Democrats, either.)

The NRA cares nothing about America or what happens to Americans; their sole purpose in life is to elect politicians who will support a business climate that is favorable to gun makers.

Comment

IQ does not equal common sense. I work at a college and there are several professors with high IQ's but not much common sense. I do not always agree with the NRA but I shudder to think of where we would be in regards to firearm ownership in the country without them. They have also done a lot to support safety and training but cannot be held responsible for every gun owners actions that may be members... That pretty much covers any and all organizations. Very shallow thought process IMO...
                              When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

Originally posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
                                The NRA cares nothing about America or what happens to Americans; their sole purpose in life is to elect politicians who will support a business climate that is favorable to gun makers.
                                ding ding ding ding...We have a winner!!!!

Now, back to our original subject; what was it, again? Oh, yeah... it was a troll, about a state law, in some other state.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X