Convince me what gun I need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convince me what gun I need

I am itching to get a new gun, just not sure what I want exactly. Here's my criteria. I'm looking for a bolt action, center fire, no bigger than .325/8mm. I already have guns in the following cartridgrs. 243win, 270wsm, .308win, 30-06, 325wsm. I've already had .338 and don't want to go any bigger than my .325. The obvious choice is something in 280/7mm caliber, but I'm also kind of intrigued by .260rem cartridge. I'm not looking for a specific weight right, I have light mountain guns already. I also don't want anything with a real short barrel. I am not brand loyal, although I am fond of Winchester and browning. I prefer stainless, but blued could work too. So what say you? Spend my money, what would you get?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

6.5 X 55 Swedish

Comment

264 Winchester mag, 7mm STW. Try a good 25-06 Remington. ALL are or seem to me accurate to way out there. AS for getting, the 1 that seems to caught your interest at this time. Wish you well.

Comment

Maybe in a CZ 550 full stock

Comment

Dude, you have a full house already. Throw the money in the bank for a rainy day
          Fighting gravity is never cheap.

Comment

Ppsh-41 in 7.62x25.
            "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

Tikka T3 Sporter in 260 Rem... Then a 6.5-20 scope.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Looks like you pretty much got it covered. Spend your money on good optics if you haven't already......
                Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yukoner View Post
                  Dude, you have a full house already. Throw the money in the bank for a rainy day
                  I agree but yet I do the same thing. If I were you I'd spend the money on ammo. I know that's not the answer you want to hear given your question so I will say I will second the 25-06.

Comment

Supposed to be a ton of bullet options for 7-08. I think 7-08 or .260, but man you've got everything covered.

Maybe the Swedes so they're at least exotic and different.

Comment

Originally posted by abreitzm View Post
                      6.5 X 55 Swedish
                      Took the words out of my mouth!

Comment

Since you have the 270WSM and 325WSM...why not pick up a .300WSM? It has pretty much become my "go to" rifle in the last several years.

Sure, it won't do anything your 30-06 won't do, but that could be said of a lot of what you've got.
                        "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Comment

Originally posted by hoose35 View Post
                          Spend my money, what would you get?
                          I'd get a 6.5x55 SE/SKAN in a stainless M-70, or Sako, or Sauer, or CZ, and launch 1.4" long 140 grain bullets at 2700 fps.
                          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by abreitzm View Post
                            6.5 X 55 Swedish
                            Great choice, or perhaps 6.5 Creedmore. Ruger makes one in the American line, as a predator rifle.

Comment

I'd be looking at a stainless Winchester Model 70 chambered in 7mm rem. mag. Perfect timing, too, as the Hornady 162gr A-Max is back in production.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X