Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25 Reasons That Gun Owners Are lucky

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 25 Reasons That Gun Owners Are lucky

    25 Reasons That Gun Owners Are lucky

    http://www.wideopenspaces.com/25-rea...-owners-lucky/

    Another article for your reading. Enjoy!

    Eric
    www.ericnestor.com

  • #2
    spam troll.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

    Comment


    • #3
      Hardly a troll.

      He's just a guy counting his blessings in America, while working on his writing hobby/skills.
      It also seems to be a companion piece to his earlier thread about why it's nice to be a fisherman.

      http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-being-anglers

      Not everyone is so grumpy, that they must take offense at another's joyous expression.
      "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BluNosDav View Post
        He's just a guy counting his blessings in America, while working on his writing hobby/skills.
        Fair enough. Apologies to Mr. Nestor.

        Not everyone is so grumpy, that they must take offense at another's joyous expression.
        Not everyone reads things the same way... and not everyone who has become sensitized to the oft divisive tactics of so called gun rights advocates (many of whom repetitiuously throw crap up here just to see if it will stick), and who feels that 2A rights don't require seemingly contrived (again with apologies to Mr. Nestor) reasons to justify said ownership, is necessarily "grumpy".

        If you ever make it Fairbanks, Eric, I'll buy you an adult beverage and we can discuss our good fortune.
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

        Comment


        • #5
          The. Government doesn't wanna take our guns away.

          The Democrats don't own the issue, and they're not in power.

          There have been no attempts to restrict guns, successful or othewise.

          No-one has a reason to complain, so they should just be quiet about such a Non-Issue.

          BECAUSE, some folks don't want to HEAR about it. Or, be REMNDED???

          Come on, guys. Let's be considerate of "Ostrich Mentality".

          SOTN
          Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
          Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
          You can't out-give God.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Smitty of the North View Post
            BECAUSE, some folks don't want to HEAR about it. Or, be REMNDED?
            So true; be it what you do in your bedroom, medical decisions made between you and your doctor, your opinions on health insurance, your views on marriage or other personal rights based on gender or the color of a person's skin, your beliefs in your sovereignty as a citizen, government conspiracy theories, or other weird overtly political/religious rants, some folks don't want to HEAR them.
            ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
            I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
            The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
              So true; be it what you do in your bedroom, medical decisions made between you and your doctor, your opinions on health insurance, your views on marriage or other personal rights based on gender or the color of a person's skin, your beliefs in your sovereignty as a citizen, government conspiracy theories, or other weird overtly political/religious rants, some folks don't want to HEAR them.
              Seems you left out opinions on "Townies"...some folks don't want to hear opinions, dislikes, etc. on "Townies" as well...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Smitty of the North View Post
                The. Government doesn't wanna take our guns away.

                The Democrats don't own the issue, and they're not in power.

                There have been no attempts to restrict guns, successful or othewise.

                No-one has a reason to complain, so they should just be quiet about such a Non-Issue.

                BECAUSE, some folks don't want to HEAR about it. Or, be REMNDED???

                Come on, guys. Let's be considerate of "Ostrich Mentality".

                SOTN
                Are you sure about that? No attempts to restrict gun rights? The government doesn't want to take away your guns?

                If 'they' were in control we'd be discussing how to NOT let them take our guns (not on this site of course, because discussing your rights is taboo). Next mass shooting and they'll be harping about the same useless things they always have: dreaded black gun's, mag restrictions, back ground checks and the like.

                Maybe you mean that 'they' don't want to take ALL of your guns?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tearbear View Post
                  Seems you left out opinions on "Townies"...some folks don't want to hear opinions, dislikes, etc. on "Townies" as well...
                  What's a "townie"?
                  ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                  I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                  The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                    What's a "townie"?
                    Someone who lives in a town?...lets ask alexander...he knows.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      IO:

                      You can decide what is OFF LIMITS for yourself, but not for others.

                      Think about that, next time you wanna go into your animal act, and dictate what people can say, and where they can say it.

                      SOTN
                      Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
                      Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
                      You can't out-give God.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Smitty of the North View Post
                        You can decide what is OFF LIMITS for yourself, but not for others. SOTN
                        Only within the boundaries of societal rules, or rules of conduct set forth by a private entity such as a specific web forum. Societal rules of conduct, by definition, don't tend to support the 'every man for himself' principal.
                        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BluNosDav View Post
                          Hardly a troll.

                          He's just a guy counting his blessings in America, while working on his writing hobby/skills.
                          It also seems to be a companion piece to his earlier thread about why it's nice to be a fisherman.

                          http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-being-anglers

                          Not everyone is so grumpy, that they must take offense at another's joyous expression.
                          Thank you

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                            Fair enough. Apologies to Mr. Nestor.

                            Not everyone reads things the same way... and not everyone who has become sensitized to the oft divisive tactics of so called gun rights advocates (many of whom repetitiuously throw crap up here just to see if it will stick), and who feels that 2A rights don't require seemingly contrived (again with apologies to Mr. Nestor) reasons to justify said ownership, is necessarily "grumpy".

                            If you ever make it Fairbanks, Eric, I'll buy you an adult beverage and we can discuss our good fortune.
                            I am taking you up on your offer brother! Enjoy it up there, hope to get up soon.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yep

                              Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                              Only within the boundaries of societal rules, or rules of conduct set forth by a private entity such as a specific web forum. Societal rules of conduct, by definition, don't tend to support the 'every man for himself' principal.
                              You have a way with words, none here will argue that.
                              IMO Societal rules at the moment still give us what some call privalges and others call rights.

                              We have seen in natural disasters and riots all over the world recently where the social norm has given way to civil unrest , Then we start seeing behaviors that we find Taboo under the societal laws we all have become accustomed to... This has lead me to believe that societal rules only seem to work when the Majority of folks are willing to (and can) help enforce those laws. When human beings are hungry and cold ---some of them are very capable of quickly reverting back to their predatory instincts...

                              I believe my ancestors knew that and thats why I have certain Rights and priviliages today.

                              But yes I do agree with what your saying.... in that in a normal stable society you always have some politically correct (fast speaking) salesman ( usually really good with words and has a dictionary by his desk:confused. Trying to sell his opinion of what the social norm should be.. However rather or not they are right wrong are indifferent if they pass they become the law of the land. at least until something else happens.

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X