Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMMO SHORTAGE........Is it OVER (Other than Rim Fire AMMO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see nothing shooting or reloading getting better here. Brass, powder, and primers are still almost impossible to find. A small amount of 22 is found from time to time but is sold out the day it arrives. I try to keep a list with me of the stuff I am low on in case I run into some somewhere. I don't get to mark much off my list now days.

Comment

I have found that reloading stuff for hunting rifles is not too bad to find. However, pistol powders are another story. The good side with pistol powders is, that for the calibers that I reload for, I can get 800-1000+ per pound of powder. It takes a little while to go through a pound of powder.

Comment

What other ammo are you finding hard to get right now? I am preparing a custom ordered ammo shipment to Alaska Custom Firearms and I am more than happy to help anyone in need of something special or just plain hard to get. ( minus 22LR).

Comment

I can now get on a regular basis all the calibers I shoot except for 22 and even that I see more often. Now, the price is another matter. Not as bad as a year or so ago, but not what we were paying pre Sandy Hook.

For the record, I now buy a little extra every time I'm in the store and set that surplus on the shelf. Fool me once shame on me...

Comment

Originally posted by NRick View Post
            I can now get on a regular basis all the calibers I shoot except for 22 and even that I see more often. Now, the price is another matter. Not as bad as a year or so ago, but not what we were paying pre Sandy Hook.

For the record, I now buy a little extra every time I'm in the store and set that surplus on the shelf. Fool me once shame on me...
            Prior to the chaos and panic of aught twelve... LOL... I started picking up one box of something I shoot every time I went to a store that sold it. Whether I needed it or not. But only once box. Sometimes this caliber, sometimes that one. When the panic hit I had plenty of rounds of anything I shot regularly and enough of the irregular stuff that I could sit a while. Your plan to buy a little each time is very smart.

Comment

I have been having a hard time finding 243 ammo this fall. I had to go to three different stores before I could find just one box. Not sure why though.

Comment

Any interest in Winchester 100 gr. "POWER POINT" ammo for your .243 Win. ???

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                I have been having a hard time finding 243 ammo this fall. I had to go to three different stores before I could find just one box. Not sure why though.
                ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                  Any interest in Winchester 100 gr. "POWER POINT" ammo for your .243 Win. ???
                  Well, here's the deal. I usually buy the remington core-lokts, because in the past they have been consistent and easy to find. And I try to buy ammo that is commonly found on the shelf. I sight my gun in with core-lokts and try to stick with the same ammo for consistency. I might have to start shooting another brand though. Whatever brand is most common.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
                    Prior to the chaos and panic of aught twelve... LOL... I started picking up one box of something I shoot every time I went to a store that sold it. Whether I needed it or not. But only once box. Sometimes this caliber, sometimes that one. When the panic hit I had plenty of rounds of anything I shot regularly and enough of the irregular stuff that I could sit a while. Your plan to buy a little each time is very smart.
                    That's what I had done with reloading components and I got to keep shooting right on through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a great bullet.

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                      Well, here's the deal. I usually buy the remington core-lokts, because in the past they have been consistent and easy to find. And I try to buy ammo that is commonly found on the shelf. I sight my gun in with core-lokts and try to stick with the same ammo for consistency. I might have to start shooting another brand though. Whatever brand is most common.
                      ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X