Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMMO SHORTAGE........Is it OVER (Other than Rim Fire AMMO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMMO SHORTAGE........Is it OVER (Other than Rim Fire AMMO)

So is the shortage over......??? Other than rim fire, is everything else available........???:question::question:
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

It MIGHT be. I personally HAVEN'T had a hard TIME finding anything I need, but THEN again I only shoot A FEW calibers with REGULARITY. No issues FINDING 30-06, 7mm-08, .223, and I HAVE plenty OF 22LR.

Comment

.44 is still pretty limited. Maybe it always has been, I'm new to that market.

Comment

One OF the CALIBERS that I usually HAVE a HARD time FINDING is 6.8 SPC but NOW availability IS better THAN it EVER was BEFORE. I still HAVE 22LR in STOCK that I BOUGHT before MONICA lewinsky HAD tasted SLICK willy's SLICK willy.

Comment

Maybe I'm just getting lucky lately but I've even been finding rim fire. I just wish the cost of 10mm would drop a bit.
          Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
          Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Comment

Handgun in 9mm is in. All others are still out. I have not seen 357 now for two years. Rifle in 270,30-06,308 and 223. The rest are splotchie at best.... I did see reloading stuff for all of two days. Powders are still hit or miss.
            "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

Been seeing lots of powders and primers at cabelas, plenty of handgun ammo around. 22 is pretty regular.
              sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

May be available but prices are through the roof on the Southern Peninsula. 338 win mag for $75.00 a box! 22LR $9.99 a box of 50! Pretty wacky, glad I reload and stocked up on .22 many years ago. I can't imagine paying $2.00 plus per round for 45/70 either. I'm lucky to reload that for about 35 cents each.

Mountaintrekker

Comment

Silly question.

It's not over. For handloaders, it's not over.

SOTN
                  Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
                  Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
                  You can't out-give God.

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty of the North View Post
                    It's not over. For handloaders, it's not over.
                    For some people it will never be over. Never.
                    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Today, I went looking for some round ball for my new to me 32cal flintlock. Couldn't find any but Cabellas had a mold so now that I make my own black powder and mold my own bullets and it looks like I can make my own flints, I'll not likely run out of something to shoot till the end of my days. It also came with a spare barrel and lock for caps in case I want to shoot it percussion. A 45gr ball at about 1200 fps should work well as a replacement for 22lr. There seems to be quite a bit of powders, primers and bullets on the shelf now for normal stuff. The odd ball stuff I shoot hasn't been common for quite a while (many years) so no big deal.

Comment

Michigan has .22LR. The current price is $6.99-$7.99 for 50. So Alaska is not far off. Shotgun ammo is still in abundance.
                        "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

I am finding it easier and cheaper now just to reload my own for my 303 British Enfield. Im shooting 240 grain bullnose rounds which will pretty much bring down anything in this state. I got tired of lookin around and then end up shootin different brands with different grains. Using iron site I can consistantly hit a pie plate at a hundred yards...
                          "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Comment

Originally posted by rbuck351 View Post
                            Today, I went looking for some round ball for my new to me 32cal flintlock. Couldn't find any but Cabellas had a mold so now that I make my own black powder and mold my own bullets and it looks like I can make my own flints, I'll not likely run out of something to shoot till the end of my days. It also came with a spare barrel and lock for caps in case I want to shoot it percussion. A 45gr ball at about 1200 fps should work well as a replacement for 22lr. There seems to be quite a bit of powders, primers and bullets on the shelf now for normal stuff. The odd ball stuff I shoot hasn't been common for quite a while (many years) so no big deal.
                            OK, You WERE the one that bought it.

Good for you.

Making your own BP, now that is IMPRESSIVE.

SOTN
                            You can't out-give God.

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                              for some people it will never be over. Never.

???????

Sotn
                              You can't out-give God.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X