Coastal Brown Bear Cartridge Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coastal Brown Bear Cartridge Poll

Of these which would be your go to cartridge for an Alaskan Coastal Brown Bear Hunt?
    270 Winchester
    1.16%
    7 Remington Magnum
    1.16%
    30-06
    16.28%
    300 Winchester Magnum
    4.65%
    338 Winchester Magnum
    12.79%
    35 Whelen
    5.81%
    9.3X62 Mauser
    2.33%
    375 H&H/Ruger
    45.35%
    416 Remington Magnum
    4.65%
    45-70
    5.81%

I think this was pretty well hashed out in your other thread......
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Really???????

Comment

Originally posted by gunbugs View Post
        But who doesn't enjoy taking a pole and touting their favorite cartridge?

Comment

Kind of leaves us handgun hunters out.
          Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

30-06 just because!

Comment

Gotta admire (or is that abhor) the determination of some of these posts/posters.

Here's a question about your poll: what if I've taken coastal brown bears with several of the cartridges you list (more than one with some of them) and used several cartridges you don't list for other brown bears?

An appropriate bullet in the proper place is effective on coastal brown bears irrespective of the cartridge.......
              Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Comment

300WM 180gr TTSX.
                We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Comment

Originally posted by limon32 View Post
                  But who doesn't enjoy taking a pole
                  I can think of a few people who prolly enjoy taking a pole....

Comment

Originally posted by limon32 View Post
                    But who doesn't enjoy taking a pole and touting their favorite cartridge?
                    I'm pretty sure OP enjoys taking a pole...

Comment

I only have four of that list, 270,30/06,338wm and 416Rem. That being said, my first choice would be my 358N followed by my 350Rem. If I had to go from the list, I would have to get a 35Whelen. I like the 358 cal but none of my 358s are on the list including the 35rem in a Rem M8. That would be my third choice using a 200gr cast at 2200.

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! how many of these stupid threads does there need to be? it makes finding the good and useful info on this great forum a total mess!

Comment

great, more theoretical thinking out loud about a subject the sees dozens of threads every month. I didn't take the poll, because i don't give a flying-..... about what another guy uses for bear hunting.
                          www.freightercanoes.com

Comment

Sort of, but this way none will become offended and perhaps over time the results interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by theultrarider View Post
                              Really???????
                              Yup, I see the Forum as a fun place? Those who find this a waste of their time, need not respond. Or, post something of real interest.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X