Getting my 45-70 back from gunsmith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my 45-70 back from gunsmith

Six weeks ago I sent my jm stamped marlin 45-70 to the gunsmith for some work. This morning he sent me some pics of the finished gun. It's gorgeous. Here is the work I had done.

Barrel cut with barrel break over all length 16.25 inches, action job/slicked done, trigger job, gunkoted black with stainless highlights, new recoil pad, and stock refinished. It will be shipped back to me this week I can't wait.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411231827.713405.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	2513962Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411231849.471394.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	2513963

Very nice looking rig,, love it!!
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Beautiful gun! My next gun will be a 45-70.

Comment

Very nice indeed.
        Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Color contrast is very nice.

Comment

It truly is going to be a great brush gun. Did you think about having an oversized lever loop installed? I installed one on my 45-70 and it sure makes it better shooting with gloves on. Now it will be time to get it sighted in and to get a good load developed.

Comment

Originally posted by AK Bearcat View Post
              It truly is going to be a great brush gun. Did you think about having an oversized lever loop installed? I installed one on my 45-70 and it sure makes it better shooting with gloves on. Now it will be time to get it sighted in and to get a good load developed.
              I must IMHO,, as well as a hammer extender. Very hard to use the lever with glove on.
              "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Very nice and beats the heck out of any hand gun I ever packed. I really like my own Marlin 45-70.

Comment

Originally posted by AK Bearcat View Post
                  Yeah the smith I sent it to is in the works on one. I'm gonna wait till his his done and have him do it he does great work.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X