Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another hornday interlock failure

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nah - they won't do that - no matter how much the anti-gun pukes want everyone to think they will.

    I did an experiment - I loaded up my 870 12ga, my 338WM, my 30.06, my semi-auto .22lr, and my vintage 30.30 Winchester and set them all out on a table in my garage. A round in the barrel of each and their mags full. I left the garage door open. They were all pointed out into the street. I left them that way all day long while I was doing chores.

    Not a one of them fired a single shot. I was dumbfounded. I mean - kids were playing in the street, there were a few cars that drove by, the postman even put some bills in my mail box. The real kicker that locked the deal is that there were some politicians posting flyers on doors that passed right by in the line of fire. Surely, if MY guns had any vendetta of their own, them politicians (they were democrats) would have surely set them off. BUT - nope, not a single round went off. Them guns don't have a single mean streak in em. Who would have thunk'd it?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bullelkklr View Post
      Nah - they won't do that - no matter how much the anti-gun pukes want everyone to think they will.

      I did an experiment - I loaded up my 870 12ga, my 338WM, my 30.06, my semi-auto .22lr, and my vintage 30.30 Winchester and set them all out on a table in my garage. A round in the barrel of each and their mags full. I left the garage door open. They were all pointed out into the street. I left them that way all day long while I was doing chores.

      Not a one of them fired a single shot. I was dumbfounded. I mean - kids were playing in the street, there were a few cars that drove by, the postman even put some bills in my mail box. The real kicker that locked the deal is that there were some politicians posting flyers on doors that passed right by in the line of fire. Surely, if MY guns had any vendetta of their own, them politicians (they were democrats) would have surely set them off. BUT - nope, not a single round went off. Them guns don't have a single mean streak in em. Who would have thunk'd it?
      Excellent Test, but I'm thinking, you treat your guns TOO NICE. And, you don't play favorites.

      It's mostly the ones that are rusty from the rain, and dirty from firing without being cleaned, that act up.

      SOTN
      Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
      Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
      You can't out-give God.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Smitty of the North View Post
        Excellent Test, but I'm thinking, you treat your guns TOO NICE. And, you don't play favorites.

        It's mostly the ones that are rusty from the rain, and dirty from firing without being cleaned, that act up.

        SOTN
        AND if you ding the stocks,wear the blue thin or scratch the scopes, or even use "NON-PREMIUM AMMO" that really makes them mad.....!

        Comment


        • Most of mine must be ticked at me for almost all the reasons mentioned as I frequently ding the stocks, wear the blue clear off, scratch and even break scopes on occasion. As far as premium ammo goes, only two of mine have ever used the stuff that I'm aware of and that is because the stuff came with the guns. My 338 came with some 180gr accubonds. They might be bonded but they sure ain't accurate. My 416Rem came with a box of 350gr Barnes tsx which do shoot well but at $65 for 50 bullets I won't be replacing them. That's ok though cause it likes 400gr Hornady interlocks as well as 365gr cast. It did smack me in the forehead using the Hornadys so maybe I better stick to the cast.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rbuck351 View Post
            Most of mine must be ticked at me for almost all the reasons mentioned as I frequently ding the stocks, wear the blue clear off, scratch and even break scopes on occasion. As far as premium ammo goes, only two of mine have ever used the stuff that I'm aware of and that is because the stuff came with the guns. My 338 came with some 180gr accubonds. They might be bonded but they sure ain't accurate. My 416Rem came with a box of 350gr Barnes tsx which do shoot well but at $65 for 50 bullets I won't be replacing them. That's ok though cause it likes 400gr Hornady interlocks as well as 365gr cast. It did smack me in the forehead using the Hornadys so maybe I better stick to the cast.
            ON A SIDE NOTE; Have you killed anything with your 416 using the 365 gr cast bullets and how did they perform...? I've got several hundred I plan to shoot out of my 416 Taylor but never killed anything but paper with them. Seems i also purchased a bunch of 400 gr interlocks which haven't seen much action either.

            Comment


            • No, I haven't used it much. It's built on a 17 Enfield action and the stock wasn't strengthened so on my first range secession it pushed the action back in the stock. I haven't got around to fixing it yet and I had to get another scope with more eye relief. It does appear to shoot both the cast and the Hornadys well however my first testing was cut short.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by rbuck351 View Post
                No, I haven't used it much. It's built on a 17 Enfield action and the stock wasn't strengthened so on my first range secession it pushed the action back in the stock. I haven't got around to fixing it yet and I had to get another scope with more eye relief. It does appear to shoot both the cast and the Hornadys well however my first testing was cut short.
                Mine is built on a 98 FN action ans shoots both types of bullets well. I do however load the lead bullets at around 2200 fps. I choose a longer eye relief scope with a wide field of view the first time. But just haven't gotten it into the field yet.!

                Comment


                • I've seen an awful lot of elk go down to 180gr Hornady Interlocks fired from a Ruger 300 Win Mag, both longish range and spitting distance. Seems the 300gr Interlocks in 375 are still popular for non-dangerous game in Africa, not for much longer due to their discontinuation, I know I will miss them. I'd really like to poke a hole in an animal with my big 350gr .375 bullets I cast.

                  Comment

                  Footer Adsense

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X