my new whitetail maybe caribou and sometime varmit gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new whitetail maybe caribou and sometime varmit gun

Got me new gun on a trip to my wife's hometown in Idaho I wanted something from where she was born . I also wanted something that was a single shot that I could use for whitetails on some land I bought in Missouri. So here it is a Ruger no1 RSI in 257 Roberts . I think it may also go to Adak for caribou. Mounted a leupold 4.5 x 14 scope.
    Attached Files

Good score! One of my 2 or 3 favorite calibers in one of my favorite guns, too. I have one in 7x57, and it's been a stellar performer for about 30 years. The forend split on mine in the first year, and when I shopped it off to Ruger for replacement I decided to ask them to replace it with the Alexander Henry forend. No regrets, but I like the original too.

One mod I made to mine you want to consider. As it is, empties tend to hang on the front of the tang safety. Dunno if that's intentional or not, but I didn't like it.

Drop the stock, disengage the bar that connects to the safety slide and pull it out. Shorten and round the front spur, touch-up blue and re-assemble. "Problem" solved in under half an hour.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
    Working...
    X