Zustava Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zustava Arms

Is there a dealer in Alaska? Interested in their Mausers.

They made the Charles Daly actions and the Remington 798 if you look on gun broker.

Comment

Originally posted by GD Yankee View Post
      They made the Charles Daly actions and the Remington 798 if you look on gun broker.

And can be purchased very inexpensively.
      NRA Life Member since 1974

Comment

Zastava. Serbian. The made the original Interarms Mark.X Mausers. Later imported by Charles Daly, then Remington as the 798. Now imported as the Zastava Z98. I had one in .243, but just recently sold it. It was heavier than I wanted in a .243, which is odd considering my #1 rifle is an Interarms Mark.X .30-06 and I have several other Interarms Mark.X rifles. The quality of the synthetic stock was not quite as nice as a Ruger or Remington or my T/C Venture. It shot very well, but got replaced by a Remington Model 7 in .243.

Comment

Originally posted by sayak View Post
          Is there a dealer in Alaska? Interested in their Mausers.
          I have also read they make the Mitchell mausers as well. Century arms will ship to your ffl of choice, so will buds guns. I have had my eye on one of their handguns. My father-in-law has one and it shots great.
          "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

As to the original question. I have seen a couple over at Great Northern Guns in Los Anchorage.
            Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
            Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

What specifically are you looking for? I usually check Great Northern once a week for powder, 22, and their gun racks. Let me know and I'll look (assuming you don't live in ANC).

Comment

Looking for a .308 or other high power hunting clambering. Not really interested in a magnum.
                Thanks all for your responses.

Comment

I've a nice parker-hale mauser rifle for sale in the firearms section. Open sights, high-grade wood, rich blueing, ect. it's chambered in 243 win. was gonna re-bore it to 358 winchester, but i'm changing plans to tote a 405 winchester lever gun this year instead.
                  www.freightercanoes.com

Comment

Gawd Mainer, who the h@ll can keep up with you? You are always on to something new.
                    There is much to be said for the .243, but I am not the one to say it.
                    BTW, that rifle is a real beauty.

Comment

I got mine from K-VAR which was part of a left-hander group buy and had it sent to my pet FFL. Century is also carrying them too and I think J&G Sales had some too.

This is what the .25-06 did with off-the-shelf, 100gr Remington junk. I don't know how I'm going to meet or beat that with handloads. I also a LH Mini-Mauser in .223 that I need to scope and sling. I'm still undecided on the scope, though the Nikon M-223 is on the short list.
                      Attached Files
                      Now what ?

Comment

I have a 7x57 with a butter knife handle, double set trigger, deep mirror blue and full stock. It shoots 160 to 175 RN into an apple at 100 and kicks like a .338WM but it's a fine looking gun. Got it from a fellow named Karl in Nanilchik about 30 years ago in trade for some ammo and flying lessons...great trade.
                        Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
                          plans to tote a 405 winchester lever gun this year instead.
                          Yuuuuuup. Big Medicine. =)

I've got an uncle in NH who is an antique Winchester collector/dealer/ I can ask him to keep an eye out for a nice on for you, when you're ready to buy. He can ship it right to my house if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
                            , but i'm changing plans to tote a 405 winchester lever gun this year instead.
                            What flavor of .405 are you looking at?
                            "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Comment

Originally posted by hodgeman View Post
                              What flavor of .405 are you looking at?
                              You have to ask??? When one says "405" and "lever gun" in the same paragraph, one can ONLY be referring to the Winchester model of 1895. Anything else is pure heresy. =)

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X