• Show
Clear All

• i like my tikka T3

Click image for larger version

Name:	300 tikka 150 hornaday.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	2513339

put a leupold 2-12 vx6 on my 300 tikka, shoots very well.
    how about you guys?

You've definitely got me thinking about one in 308 or 270 for a caribou/sheep/goat gun. That is, whenever I can get time off for a sheep hunt, unlike you lazy surveyors.
    Alaskan expat, civil engineer, FAA consultant.

Comment

I got the 308 also andrew, it shoots just as nicely. I think they are the best buy for the $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I resisted buying a Tikka T3 for years. A couple of years ago a local gun store got in a used one in 30-06. He gave me a heck of a great price so I bought it. Best money I ever spent on a firearm. I recommend them highly. Plastic parts included.
        NRA Life Member since 1974

Comment

Yes Sir!! I have a 243 win that I ran an AI reamer into and a .338 Fed. Both shoot sub MOA and the .243AI is like a laser with 85 gr Sierra HPBT farther than I can hold on a head of cabbage...if I could only have two guns....I think those 2 would take care of most anything I'm likely to run into. The .243 is going to be my wolf gun this Fall.
          Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by sh View Post
            I got the 308 also andrew, it shoots just as nicely. I think they are the best buy for the $$.

No need for me to buy one then. I'll just borrow yours.

Comment

Shoot a moose with it n gimme some

Comment

Glad your's is working out, but mine isn't so good. I got a 3006 T3 superlight last year and have been disappointed with it's accuracy. Only shoots 1.3" (6 shot) groups at 100yds. It definitely doesn't like heavier bullets; it shoots over 2" groups with a 180 gr bullet. This is after free-floating the barrel. The barrel was supposed to come free-floating, but there were a few spots where the stock was touching the barrel. A little sanding fixed that problem, and brought the group size down. My 1948 Model 70 shoots better. However, in order to get a rifle that is as light and more accurate will cost almost twice as much as what I paid for the Tikka.

Comment

Smaller diameter rifle barrels can be a bit picky and frequently need to have customized handloads for optimal accuracy - suspect hi likelihood of this in your rifle.
                  "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Comment

So far, lower weight bullets and lighter loads produce the best groups, but still not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by sh View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]79735[/ATTACH]

put a leupold 2-12 vx6 on my 300 tikka, shoots very well.
                      how about you guys?
                      Shane, what loads were you shooting? I've had great accuracy w/ 180 boat tails with max loads of IMR 7828 (78 grains). Same load shot great out of both 300's I had.

Also, what's the twist rate on the barrel?

Comment

hornaday

Originally posted by highestview View Post
                        Shane, what loads were you shooting? I've had great accuracy w/ 180 boat tails with max loads of IMR 7828 (78 grains). Same load shot great out of both 300's I had.

Also, what's the twist rate on the barrel?

I was using hornaday ammo ( 150 interlocks), they call American whitetail or something like that.
                        the vortex ammo was about 1.5 or so, for a reasonable priced rifle, hard to beat that
                        not sure on the twist, will have to check out tikka website

Comment

dude, nothing wrong with 1.3" groups. unless you are chuckin lead at varmints over 200 yards, you have a decent big game rifle there.

Comment

I have the Tikka T3 Lite in 7MM-08 SS/Synthetic and like it very much.

Comment

300 wsm tika

my tika shot factory ammo real good avg inch and 1/4 groups. reloads was another question picky as hell 3in groups at 100 then finally found the sweet spot for it with the barnes tts 168 and re loader 17 now its a tack driver.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X