Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bullets loaded backwards.........thought this interesting---Results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bullets loaded backwards.........thought this interesting---Results.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-...ets-backwards/

results were not what I would have expected. Learn something new everyday.
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Same topic came around a couple years ago...
    Originally posted by SKS50 View Post
    I fired a few backwards 54r FMJ bullet using military ball ammo with the exposed base to just see if it could be done and if accuracy was affected,the backwards bullet is nothing new and is a common technique used in subsonic loads to increase terminal effects. My results pretty much mimic the results found here http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot50.htm
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

I think old Cooper Landing gun smith Harold Johnson did that with .50 cal. BMG bullets after he turned them down in a lathe. He stuffed them in a blown out .348 Win. case I think was called the .50 Alaskan, not to be confused with the .450 Alaskan on a blown out .348. Said they sailed through brown bears, I bet they did.

Comment

An old now expired friend used to load em backwards in his 222 for squirrels and rabbits. He was also known to have deer in the freezer earlier than the rest of us. He once told me that his backwards bullets would maintain a straight line through a deer better than a FMJ bullet. My advice to him was to wait until December and then he could shoot them with slugs like everybody else did. Not a good friend, by the way.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X