No announcement yet.

STUPID-STUPID-STUPID GRrrrrrrrrrrrr Some people are just STUPID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of the 'topics' that can get real interesting if it was not so true! Over the years, like everyone one else, I could go on an on about what some people think about Alaska!

Comment

Originally posted by AK Bearcat View Post
      This is one of the 'topics' that can get real interesting if it was not so true! Over the years, like everyone one else, I could go on an on about what some people think about Alaska!

For a number of years, I was a purchasing agent (Supply Officer) for AK DOT/PF. I shoulda kept a log of all the stupid excuses people would give us for not being able (wanting to) sell and ship something for the State. I could have published it all in a little book and made a buck..!

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
        OK, I am trying to buy a Leupold Scope on E-Bay. However they refuse to sell it to me because it can't be shipped to a foreign country. Here is their last response: "You will have to contact your local customs. Customs will not allow us to ship this item".

Note: This company is in the continental United States. And thinks Alaska is a foreign country.
        And most likely think we all live in igloos...:think:

Comment

I heard Alaska was purchased by the US but no humans live there cause its covered in several feet of snow year round...?

Back when Sara Palin was running for VP I was at a family gathering and a comment was made by a gal " Well, if she gets elected she will have to move to the United States" ! There are a lot of very oblivious people that just don't pay much attention to things outside of their personal interests...
          When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

Originally posted by duckslayer56 View Post
            Hey, I had a guy here in Maryland think AK was an island out by Hawaii. Most maps show AK and HI by themselves, and I guess he wasn't aware that AK was attached to Canada.
            Yep. Got that when I was in the military too!!

Comment

Originally posted by rbuck351 View Post
              Keep in mind that half the people in the world are below average. And, average isn't all that high.
              HAHAHA I like that!
              Andy
              On the web= C-lazy-F.co
              Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
              Call/Text 602-315-2406
              Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by duckslayer56 View Post
                Hey, I had a guy here in Maryland think AK was an island out by Hawaii. Most maps show AK and HI by themselves, and I guess he wasn't aware that AK was attached to Canada.
                What are they putting in the water in Maryland? I have a friend who was in Alaska that was looking to go to Grad school at John's Hopkins and someone in admissions at that fine place of higher education actually told her that her application had been rejected as they did not take international students. Needless to say, she decided to pursue her "education" elsewhere.

Comment

Well, now they have changed their story........."We are not authorized to ship this item to Alaska". My guess is that they get their Leupold products from KESSELRING and not direct from Leupold. I think KESSELRING most likely restricts retail sales in Alaska to companies based in Alaska.

This is not a big deal as most local gun stores find it is cheaper to order from KESSELRING than direct from Leupold. KESSELRING is a Jobber/Wholesaler/ & Retailer.
                  ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Originally posted by smarion View Post
                    What are they putting in the water in Maryland?
                    Glad you asked. When I was stationed in MD (Edgewood Arsenal), as part of the in-processing briefing, I was told "Don't drink the water, and don't use it to brush your teeth. It's been tested, and it's not fit to drink." Years later, when I lived in Salisbury, MD (Eastern Shore) the Wicomico River was so polluted that the county closed it to fishing.

So yes, there is definitely something in the water in Maryland. LOL

Comment

had someone once tell me I spoke very good English for a foreigner. Another wanted to know what the currency exchange was for 'Alaskan money'.

You can't fix stupid.
                      '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
                      200hp Honda 4stroke
                      + multiple other 'toys'...

Comment

Although I've had a similar experience to AGL's a number of times, I'll counterpoint this thread....

I recently placed an order from a website that promised "free shipping in the US". When I went to place the order, it kept adding in a large shipping cost automatically when I entered my zip code. In frustration I shot off an email to the contact listed on the order webpage in a futile attempt to vent my frustration.

In about an hour I got an email from a service rep asking for my phone #, she then called me, and found out what the problem was. Then she went to their website admin person and had them change the website to include Alaska in the free shipping deal. Then she sent me an email letting me know the shipping would now be free. I ordered two items just out of gratitude. That is the kind of company that will keep its customers in the long run. The name of the company is SISU, btw. They sell mouth guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Swissy View Post
                          had someone once tell me I spoke very good English for a foreigner. Another wanted to know what the currency exchange was for 'Alaskan money'.

You can't fix stupid.
                          Ive yet to get the exchange rate one, I think Ill go with 2AK to 1US when someone asks and get me some half price.

Reminds me of when I was about 13 and walked into a store to ask for change for a twenty. The guy says sure young fella and took my money, pocketed it and went on about his chores. Dumbfounded but razed with good manners I stood there a long time in hope any second now he would finish his urgent chore and get me my change . . . NOPE. So I eventually said what about my change sir? He said I gave it to you . . .(long pause in which Im thinking there goes a full weeks pay for feeding 40 calves before and after school) it changed from your hand to mine! Then I knew he was just messing with me and wanted me to play some word semantics game with him, oh man was I relived!
                          Andy
                          On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                          Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                          Call/Text 602-315-2406
                          Phoenix Arizona

Comment

tried to order a gun rack yesterday from cabela. can't ship 7 pound gun rack to Alaska. So how did the new store in Anchorage get it?

kolpin utv gun mount item ik525065 see restrictions

Comment

Originally posted by AKBEE View Post
                              Friggin crazy! I too have had my share of people not knowing where we are and have had some actually argue about it.
                              Aside from stupidity- shipping is nuts!
                              I was just pricing some tires I can't find locally and one large tire retailer wanted $712 for shipping 4 tires to me ground. 2 day air was $1200.

AGL- let me know what scope you were wanting...I have a couple of leupolds I might let go of.

BEE
                              Try Amazon, I had 4 tires and wheels delivered to my front door in three days for $600 less than the local tire shop quoted me.
                              "I'd rather be fishing!"

Comment

Originally posted by redale View Post
                                tried to order a gun rack yesterday from cabela. can't ship 7 pound gun rack to Alaska. So how did the new store in Anchorage get it?

kolpin utv gun mount item ik525065 see restrictions
                                Amazon will ship it free for $14 less than Cabelas price.
                                "I'd rather be fishing!"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X