300 Wsm Reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 Wsm Reloading

Hi was starting to reload some ammo for my 300 wsm. Im using barnes triple x 180 grain. Any special recipies some of you guys have used.

300 WSM Loads

I have a lot of good loads for the 300 WSM but none with Barnes bullets. I would think with all those who brag on the TSX's that they would surely have a load or two for them in the popular WSM.

My best powder for this one was H4350 and RL-19 with the 180 grain bullets. The manual seem to support the caliber well.

Good shootin'.

Murphy
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Comment

Like Murphy, my 300 WSM loads are not using Barnes bullets. I have also had very good luck with RL-19. You might try www.shortmags.org as I'll bet you can find the loads there.

Comment

TSX Data

Yes, go and look at their data, you'll find plenty. In my 300WSM I drop down to a 168gr. TSX to get 180gr performance. I also use H4350 and WLRM primers. While other powders will work, H4350 is temperature insensitive and fits with my MN. and western US hunting.

Comment

300 Wsm

I noticed in my Win 70 in 300 WSM that it really likes W760 @ 67.0 with WLRM primers in WW cases with the 180 grain bullets.

The Sierra 165 Gameking HPBT and IMR 4831 @ 69.5 with Fed Nickle Brass and Fed 215GM primers is a excellent hunting load!
          Alaska

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X