Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience "GTS" Good or Bad......6.8SPC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any experience "GTS" Good or Bad......6.8SPC

    Any one have any experience with GTS for supply 6.8 SPC Uppers.......?
    http://global-tactical.com/68spc18cu...iichamber.aspx
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

  • #2
    Nope (re: 6.8). But I bought a 5.56 bolt carrier group from them during the The Great Obama-scare of 2008-2009, and they shipped promptly and I received what they said. Would order from them again if they had what I wanted at a decent price.

    There are lots of companies with 6.8 uppers nowadays. They even have an entire forum for the cartridge. Depending on what you want, look around. For instance http://palmettostatearmory.com/2202.php sounds all right, if the Troy rails are OK to you. The few reports I've read on Palmetto's uppers have been good, but nothing on the 6.8 yet. If GTS is your recipe, it looks good.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by scottr View Post
      Nope (re: 6.8). But I bought a 5.56 bolt carrier group from them during the The Great Obama-scare of 2008-2009, and they shipped promptly and I received what they said. Would order from them again if they had what I wanted at a decent price.

      There are lots of companies with 6.8 uppers nowadays. They even have an entire forum for the cartridge. Depending on what you want, look around. For instance http://palmettostatearmory.com/2202.php sounds all right, if the Troy rails are OK to you. The few reports I've read on Palmetto's uppers have been good, but nothing on the 6.8 yet. If GTS is your recipe, it looks good.

      Wow.....those are very good prices. Thanks
      ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

      Comment


      • #4
        I have that upper from them. It looks great, but I haven't shot it yet. Just need a scope mount and some **** ammo. I go to Soldotna and Hope often, I'd be happy to stop by if you want to check it out.

        Comment


        • #5
          If the 5.56 specs and testing are real, the barrels shoot well, and they are built correctly, then these uppers are unbeatable for the price. If the 6.8 upper is anything like as good as it sounds, it is as well. It would be Colt/DD/BCM quality at DPMS prices.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tyrex13 View Post
            I have that upper from them. It looks great, but I haven't shot it yet. Just need a scope mount and some **** ammo. I go to Soldotna and Hope often, I'd be happy to stop by if you want to check it out.
            Sure let's try to get together, I have a 175 yard private rifle range. Did you get the $399.00 package....? I was eyeballing the 20.77" Barrel package. (Security is tight here, Please don't just stop by)
            ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by scottr View Post
              There are lots of companies with 6.8 uppers nowadays. They even have an entire forum for the cartridge. Depending on what you want, look around. For instance http://palmettostatearmory.com/2202.php sounds all right, if the Troy rails are OK to you. The few reports I've read on Palmetto's uppers have been good, but nothing on the 6.8 yet. If GTS is your recipe, it looks good.
              Great link, thanks for sharing that. Those are some good prices on those uppers, especially having the m4 feed ramps, properly staked gas key, F-marked front sight base, etc. I wish they had a 14.5" mid-length upper available at that price!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                Sure let's try to get together, I have a 175 yard private rifle range. Did you get the $399.00 package....? I was eyeballing the 20.77" Barrel package. (Security is tight here, Please don't just stop by)
                I got the 18" SPR package. I am wanting to use it for black bear and caribou. I have a Bushnell Elite 4200 1.25-4x scope for it and am waiting to order a Larue mount. I put an ARMS 40L rear sight on it and am still deciding on the front sight. I intend to remove the Phantom flash hider and just put a thread protector on. I was going to swap out the DD rail for a Hogue or similar tube, but the DD rail is lighter than any free float tubes that I am finding so I think I'll just stick with it.

                The upper I got was $899, but at the time it was 10% off and free shipping.

                I was just down in Hope last weekend with and camped up PCR. I don't know if I can make it down this weekend or not, but I know I'm headed to Soldotna next weekend so I could try to stop by on Sunday if the wife will let me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am just heading down the 6.8 road. I ended up ordering a pair of uppers from ar15performance. The owner is "Constructor" on 68forums. I am currently waiting on my uppers to come in but have been collecting all the other pieces. I just got 100 cases from SSA last week along with MOE stocks and Burris mounts and Vortex Viper 2-7x32 scopes. Arctic Ammo has the primers and powder in stock and I will be picking them up when the new reloading room is done. I will be looking for some factory ammo in the near future since it is going to be a couple months till I get set up to reload.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like the Quad'Rails for my application. Most of my 6.8 SPC firearms have 16" barrels, and I want one with a 20" barrel.
                    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

                    Comment

                    Footer Adsense

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X