Franchi 48AL value????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchi 48AL value????

Well guys I was in a pawnshop today and saw a nice Franchi 48AL 20 ga shotgun with some real nice clean wood and pretty neat engraving work on the receiver. They are asking $399 for it. It looks to have a little age to it, I'd guess maybe 20 years old, maybe a little more but in great shape. I know this is a little bit of a shot in the dark but does anyone have opinions on the gun and its value? I would be getting it for my wife and I both to shoot, at clays and upland birds.

Thanks guys

Getting parts can be a problem on those guns, at that price, I dave a few $$ more and look for a Remington

Comment

If the 48 is the older style double shuffle, recoiling barrel, shot gun they are pretty low priced that $400 seems about right if its nice shape. They would not have choke tubes if its the one I'm thinking of, last made in the eighties, I'd guess. I like the guns. I have a couple of them for the little kids to shoot. Light weight and very light recoil with the recoil system they have. I don't recall the model number of the two I have. They are very trouble free and easy to repair, adjust, with the restriction ring on the mag tube. Just clean it once a year. Also the trigger mechanism (two pins out to remove) needs cleaning to prevent slam firing.....so the grand son found out. Muzzle control was good both times. Yes I think they are worth $400.
      Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Comment

I came by one of these a few years back, when I hefted it in the shop I could not resist the lightweight fast handling character - It was a 20 and for the life of me I never could get it to cycle past the first shot but then I wasn't comitted enough and let it go cheap instead of, properly, taking it to a service center but a nice feeling, handling and "first shot" shotgun

Comment

I like them for their light weight makeing them a nice upland gun.I you try to get it for $350.00out the door.If it has I/C choke I might just go $400 out the door
          Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

I pulled the trigger! Got it for $375. Pictures to come soon!!! I'm excited.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	franchi4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	2479974Click image for larger version

Name:	franchi1.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	2479973

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	franchi2.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	2479976 Click image for larger version

Name:	franchi3.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	2479975

Comment

You done good and it should give you fun days afield
                  Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X