case lube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case lube

using the old rcbs lube and roller pad i put up with the mess for years.....then discovered the new hornady one shot aerosol spray lube. it was great! the beauty of one shot was the inside the neck lube was no longer a separate operation.

this week i had trouble with three cans, and now i am looking for a substitute that is non-aerosol.

suggestions would be appreciated.
    happy trails.
    jh

My favorite is Hornady Unique case lube followed closely by Imperial die wax.

Comment

Originally posted by pinehavensredrocket View Post
      using the old rcbs lube and roller pad i put up with the mess for years.....then discovered the new hornady one shot aerosol spray lube. it was great! the beauty of one shot was the inside the neck lube was no longer a separate operation.

this week i had trouble with three cans, and now i am looking for a substitute that is non-aerosol.

I am a huge (literally & metaphorically) fan of Imperial Sizing Wax. I've tried various products, but have used it almost exclusively for the last many years and have never encountered an issue with it. But for a more in-depth look check out these links:

Link #1

Link #2
      Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Comment

My buddy Alfonso swears by the Lee lube, but not the way they use it. He thins it in alcohol and then sprays his casings from a spray bottle. He swears by it. JFYI
        I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Comment

+1 for Imperial Sizing Wax.
          "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

What problem did you encounter with the 1 Shot cans? I switched to it exclusively myself about a year ago and have encountered no problems but would like to know what I might expect to encounter!

Thanks in advance EKC

Comment

1 part liquid lanolin and 4 to 5 parts parts 99 percent isopropyl alcohol. Works great, relatively cheap and you can make it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by woundedknee View Post
                1 part liquid lanolin and 4 to 5 parts parts 99 percent isopropyl alcohol. Works great, relatively cheap and you can make it yourself!
                Probably same as I said with mixing Lee Lube with alcohol.
                I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Comment

thanks for the suggestion guys! i think hornady one shot is a great product.....i had a half full can that would not spray, but it was a year old so i thought that was the problem. using new cans ( from last fall ) the first one sprayed briefly then stopped, and the second one sprayed and wouldn't stop. perhaps this is an isolated bad case lot.
                  anyway i have decided to try something non aerosol, and your suggestions are a help. thanks a lot!
                  happy trails.
                  jh

Comment

thanks for the suggestion guys! i think hornady one shot is a great product.....i had a half full can that would not spray, but it was a year old so i thought that was the problem. using new cans ( from last fall ) the first one sprayed briefly then stopped, and the second one sprayed and wouldn't stop. perhaps this is an isolated bad case lot.
                    anyway i have decided to try something non aerosol, and your suggestions are a help. thanks a lot!
                    I've had similar experiences with the aerosol cans of One Shot.

I'll also say that it is difficult to lube every case with certainty with One Shot; this difficulty with spray lubes frequently displays itself with either dented or stuck cases. No doubt, there are lots of guys that use them (spray lubes) with perfect success, but IMO there are more efficient & effective lubes--Imperial Sizing DIe Wax being numbered among them.
                    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Comment

I reload 7.62 Nagant, the worst cartridge to reload I have ever messed with. I have used ALL and I mean all the lubes out there and the only ones that have never given me a stuck case are the Imperial Die Wax from Redding and the Unique lube from Hornady. For NORMAL cases, one shoot is good, but spendy for what you get. Unique is a good bargain

Comment

I stuck my first case using RCBS's pump spray lube so not that excited to do it again. 300 WBY brass is expensive to goof up and a PITA to unstick. I like the reviews on the emperial wax but never used it. Where can a guy find this stuff to give it a whirl?
                        Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Comment

Unique you can get at SW. We will have the redding stuff this summer if there is enough demand for it

Comment

Here is a 2 ounce can that may be worth a try.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=519525

Might have to try myself, thanks for the advice.

Comment

I only use Lube on pistol cases since I neck size rifle cases. I basically dip my finger into the Unique (or the redding) and apply to case with finger, Keep a rag in my jockey shorts to wipe hands every once in a while. One dip is good for several cases.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X