No announcement yet.

325 WSM Loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it’s ten years later than the last posts on this thread. Who’s still using the 325wsm? Any good stories/hunts ? Any good loads shoot half inch groups? I like reviving old threads on certain cartridges.

Comment

Originally posted by vinootz View Post
      So it’s ten years later than the last posts on this thread. Who’s still using the 325wsm? Any good stories/hunts ? Any good loads shoot half inch groups? I like reviving old threads on certain cartridges.
      I still have mine. It's the only scoped hunting rifle I own. I do need to work up a new load though. IMR 4007 SSC powder was recalled and discontinued. Too bad too. My load was sub MOA, 200gr Accubounds at 2950. The past few years I've been strictly handgun hunting. 2015 was the last time I hunted with it...

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

I picked up a Browning X-bolt in 325wsm back in 2013 and have only hunted with it since. I have only used factory ammo and I pick up a box of that when I find it on the shelf. I have Factory Nosler 325 ammo (I have never shot them) and the rest is Winchester brand loaded with 200 gr. AccuBonds, the gun really likes them. I picked up a bag of brass at Sportsman's in Anchorage a few months ago just in case I ever need to start reloading. I am happy with the weight of the gun and performance of the 325 enough to keep hunting with it after the fan fair has settled. I have used it for sheep, caribou, moose and black bear.

Comment

I still love hunting with my Browning Ti 325wsm. Last years was the first time in 7 or 8 years that I didn't take it out on a hunt. I put the hammer down on a moose with it the year before. It will probably get strapped on the pack this fall for moose or black bear. Mine likes 200 gr. Accubonds

Comment

200gr Accubonds really hit the sweet spot I think for the 325. I've revcovered a few of them from moose at 3 different distances. They all weight 140gr. Retained 70% of thier weight like Nosler claims they will. I need to work up a new load now though that IMR recalled and discontinued 4007 SSC.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X