priming the .480 Ruger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• priming the .480 Ruger

Of those of you reloading the .480 Ruger, which shellholder are you using? My LEE documentation clearly specifies a shellholder for this caliber, but I find the fit rather snug. It seems to be less of a problem on the press than in the Auto Prime.
    Any suggestions?

I have a hornady shellholder and it works great. I'm not sure what the p/n is.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

I second Paul's choice. The dies are the best too. Jim

Comment

how are you priming?

I saw the Hornady shellholders in my Midway USA catalog, but I don't believe the one I saw will fit my autoprime. I guess I could grind/drill it into submission, but that seems like a hassle.
        What is your priming tool? Are you priming in your press?

Comment

I'm using the Lee hand primer and I believe I use the 45/70 holder. Jim

Comment

I use an RCBS hand primer.

The 45-70 shell holder certainly should work, I'd forgotten about that. The 480 is a shortened 45-70 with a smaller dia rim.

I wouldn't modify a shellholder unless you have a lathe, and even then it'll be a chore as the shellholders are hardened.

Forgot to add, I've written up most of my 480 load work here: http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...10309#86810309
            Last edited by Paul H; 11-28-2006, 12:57. Reason: added link
            Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X