Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried Hornady New Dimension Dies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
    I think that any dies that don't require lube will be tungston carbide, titanium carbide or nitride dies. Any steel dies will require lube, new deminsion or otherwise. All die makers make dies for the 44 mag and 454 in carbide but not many makers of carbide dies for bottle neck rifle dies.
    Yes, you are right: my die sets for the 44 and 454 are carbide (or similar hardened material). IMO, they are well worth the extra bucks over the cost of standard dies. They work flawlessly, with no lube. I was not aware that anyone made carbide dies for rifle...is that for real? I have a few Hornady dies for rifle, but none are carbide, and cases must be lubed. It's kinda a drag getting the gunk off the cases after re-sizing...

Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

Comment

Originally posted by linger27 View Post
      my hunting/reloading buddy has the same dies in 375 ruger and we have had problems with the resizer since day one. once the case reaches the neck portion of the die it become extremely tight then as it comes out it usually gets stuck on the expander. we have tried averything we could think of but nothing works. miced the cases and it is sizing them to .009 under specs. is this normal
      You can also get a can of hornady One Shot case lube and spray the cases on all four sides at a downward angle, making sure a small amount of lube gets into the case neck. This will solve your problems with the expander.

One Shot works fine for this and it won't contaminate your powder or primers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentC View Post
        You can also get a can of hornady One Shot case lube and spray the cases on all four sides at a downward angle, making sure a small amount of lube gets into the case neck. This will solve your problems with the expander.

One Shot works fine for this and it won't contaminate your powder or primers.
        I also like One Shot and have used it for years but you must get it inside the neck or you will soon be amoung the guys that hate it!
        Andy
        On the web= C-lazy-F.co
        Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
        Call/Text 602-315-2406
        Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X