Ackley improved cartridge info sources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5x55Imp

I got a real interest in loads for this gun. I have the action and the time, I am going to build a 6.5 this winter and not sure if I want the 6.5x55imp or a 6.5x.284. Both are almost identical ballistically but the '55 would be easier (cheaper) to get brass for.....

Comment

Hey Stevelyn-

Check out Ken Waters' Pet Loads manuals. He's extenive data for the 338-06 Imp.
      "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
      Merle Haggard

Comment

Thanks, I'll do that.

I was actually debating getting Pet Loads. I found one on sale in a sale flyer recently.
        Now what ?

Comment

Hey Murphy,what can you tell me about a .280 AI rem.I bought this rifle 5 years ago for my daughters to shoot caribou.I bought it because it is a nice light,small(short) gun that I thought they would be able to shoot comfortably.Well,found out it kicks pretty good but I love the groups it shoots and it is now my "go to" gun for most of my hunts.I have taken lynx,goats,sheep,moose and more then one black bear.It has dropped every one of those animals dead and some of them at quite long distances.OBTW,I shoot 160 grain barnsTS.

Comment

Waters Pet Loads

Originally posted by BrownBear View Post
            Hey Stevelyn-

Check out Ken Waters' Pet Loads manuals. He's extenive data for the 338-06 Imp.
            I do like Ken Waters and his systematic techniques in regard to loading but I think my pet loads book(s) just have the RCBS versions of the improved cases. These are 28 degree shouders and have the shoulder moved forward a bit so they won't headspace factory ammo. They hold a grain or two more powder so data isn't quite the same. The data is similar and could be used for reference. I will have some more data posted soon.
            Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X