.450marlin reload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .450marlin reload

Looking for reload data for .450 marlin using bullets larger than 400gr. I have some 425gr hardcast,gas check bullets .459 dia. Have been on-line looking but not much info.also a lot of conflicting info. Would like to hear from anyone reloading for this round. Thanks.:cool:
    "All bureaucracies are the same. They drain the life out of the truly creative people and develop mindless paperpushers as their critical mass."

"You are a den of Vipers.I intend to rout you out and by the Eternal God I will rout you out.If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system there would be a revolution before morning"--Andrew Jackson 1828

I can give you a couple maximum loads for the 450 Marlin that was posted on the Marlin Forum site. When pushing these bullets to these velocities/pressure you are going to feel some serious recoil. I would suggest keeping around 1,600 FPS with 420/425 grain slugs. You won’t give up much in the way of penetration but the felt recoil will be much better. If you go up into the 500 grain weights – I would suggest pushing them as hard as you can, because obviously you have a need for that type of bullet, so **** the recoil and go for the gusto. H322 works very well with that caliber and heavy bullets. I will be working up a few loads for the 450 this coming summer using the 500+ grain HC bullets over a chronograph, so if you want, drop me an e-mail around July and I'll share my "black & blue" findings with ya.

420 grain HC bullet from Jae Bok Young (called Crater Lite)
    48.7 grains - H322 powder
    Federal 210M primer
    New Hornady Brass

av vel- 1902 fps (test barrel)
    std dev - 7fps
    es- 17fps
    av corrected pressure 43,100psi
    velocity from . 450 Guide Gun 1765fps

550 grain HC bullet from Jae Bok Young (called Crater)
    38.0 grains - H322 powder
    Federal 210M primer
    New Hornady Brass

av vel- 1517fps
    std dev - 5fps
    es- 15fps
    av corrected pressure 43,000psi (.450 Marlin max av is 43,500psi)
    cor fac +4800 included

Take a look at these sites:
    http://www.competitor-pistol.com/jb%20home.html

http://beartoothbullets.com/open_sight/archive_open_sight.htm/21

Comment

Thanks Joe. Thats a lot more than I had been able to get. I hope my memory can last till July. If so I will get back with you. Thanks again.
      Anyone else that wants to add to this is certainly more than welcome.:cool:
      "All bureaucracies are the same. They drain the life out of the truly creative people and develop mindless paperpushers as their critical mass."

"You are a den of Vipers.I intend to rout you out and by the Eternal God I will rout you out.If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system there would be a revolution before morning"--Andrew Jackson 1828

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X