Sportsman Warehouse Inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsman Warehouse Inventory

This morning my shooting friend phoned the powers to be at Sportsman Warehouse to voice our concern that SW had no inventory of powder,primers,bullets or brass. The powers to be assured us that they would have a full inventory in stock in two weeks. I am not going to hold my breath. Now ya know.

Originally posted by NorthCountry View Post
    This morning my shooting friend phoned the powers to be at Sportsman Warehouse to voice our concern that SW had no inventory of powder,primers,bullets or brass. The powers to be assured us that they would have a full inventory in stock in two weeks. I am not going to hold my breath. Now ya know.
    Bottom line, SW is in the process of being sold to a Canadian company. The current owners just aren't going to spend any money on inventory, and the new owners haven't had a chance to start yet. Add in the need for businesses to run down their inventories for Jan 1 inventories for taxes, and you've got a double whammy. No conspiracies, just business.

I wouldn't look for it to get any better till the ownership actually changes and the new owners have a chance to order, then for the freight to arrive and get on the shelves. Exactly what goes on the shelves in the "new" SW is another question. I'd wait and see on that. May be better, may be worse, but it won't be the same.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Comment

Originally posted by BrownBear View Post
      Bottom line, SW is in the process of being sold to a Canadian company. The current owners just aren't going to spend any money on inventory, and the new owners haven't had a chance to start yet. Add in the need for businesses to run down their inventories for Jan 1 inventories for taxes, and you've got a double whammy. No conspiracies, just business.

I wouldn't look for it to get any better till the ownership actually changes and the new owners have a chance to order, then for the freight to arrive and get on the shelves. Exactly what goes on the shelves in the "new" SW is another question. I'd wait and see on that. May be better, may be worse, but it won't be the same.
      That's exactly what my buddy just told me last night nearly verbatim. I think that's the real story. Been hearing two weeks for over two months!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by tccak71 View Post
        That's exactly what my buddy just told me last night nearly verbatim. I think that's the real story. Been hearing two weeks for over two months!

Tim
        Yup. I got it directly from a couple of the "jobbers" or dealers that sell to SW and all the other sporting goods stores instate. You think you're frustrated, you should talk to the jobbers!
        "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
        Merle Haggard

Comment

Thanks for the information. I was wondering when things may start showing up again.

Comment

When they pay their bills

Comment

Well…………… it MAY be true, but it sure isn’t as much fun as a good old “conspiracy theory”………….. In fact, I bet it is REALLY because the new “Canadian” owners are conspiring to aid the “gun grabbing cartel” by restocking with off brand or counterfeit defective reloading components! The true plan is now obvious; the “Pink Pansies Liberation Organization” (PPLO) is a secret sect dedicated to the cause of frustrating and inconveniencing as many American hand loaders as possible………..

Dang it……….. I seem to have misplaced my tinfoil helmet! Just when I need it the most! :cool:
              “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Alangaq View Post
                Well…………… it MAY be true, but it sure isn’t as much fun as a good old “conspiracy theory”………….. In fact, I bet it is REALLY because the new “Canadian” owners are conspiring to aid the “gun grabbing cartel” by restocking with off brand or counterfeit defective reloading components! The true plan is now obvious; the “Pink Pansies Liberation Organization” (PPLO) is a secret sect dedicated to the cause of frustrating and inconveniencing as many American hand loaders as possible………..

Dang it……….. I seem to have misplaced my tinfoil helmet! Just when I need it the most! :cool:
                Look out your window QUICK!!!!

They really ARE coming to get you. You're just not supposed to air this kind of secret.
                Merle Haggard

Comment

Just a heads up......

I was just in Sporty's today. They just received a decent supply of Nosler bullets, and they had plenty of Barnes already on the shelf.

There was a shopping cart full of various primers, too. They had Federal, Winchester, and CCI primers, in just about every configuration.

They had some rifle powder too, but it was all in 1# cans and they were limited to the flavors offered by Ramshot and Accurate Arms.

They probably won't last long, but they were there at lunch today.......1/27/09.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan in Alaska View Post
                    Just a heads up......

I was just in Sporty's today. They just received a decent supply of Nosler bullets, and they had plenty of Barnes already on the shelf.

There was a shopping cart full of various primers, too. They had Federal, Winchester, and CCI primers, in just about every configuration.

They had some rifle powder too, but it was all in 1# cans and they were limited to the flavors offered by Ramshot and Accurate Arms.

They probably won't last long, but they were there at lunch today.......1/27/09.
                    Cool. I'm gonna call the Wasilla store now and see ***....

Comment

Originally posted by Wildalaska View Post
                      When they pay their bills
                      Ay, there the rub!!
                      "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Comment

I can say that the Fairbanks store powders etc have bare shelves. They were bare back around Thanksgiving and never got any better. The clerks there mostly blame it on the Obama scare. Never mentioned the buy out. I had to have at least a pound of imr 4895 and found a can at Sentury hardware for 32.99. After combing the area for supplies I am glad I found it for that.

Comment

Frontier (Old Sentry) in Fairbanks seems to have a steady trickle of stuff come in. I went in this monday and they had about 8 lbs of H110 (6 after I left). Some other powders and a bunch of primers. They have some bullets too.
                          A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Comment

North Pole Sentry also got some powder in this week. Mainly the more common IMR powders, and only 1 lb. containers. You're looking at about $33/lb, but at least they have it. They got their shipment on Tuesday, and they still had a good selection this morning when I was there.
                            We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
                            James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by walk-in View Post
                              You're looking at about $33/lb, but at least they have it.
                              No way I am paying $33 a pound for powder. I'd rather wait three weeks for delivery from the lower 48 than support a store thats making a 100% profit due to supply in demand. FWIW, Natches has IMR 4350 for $19.49 a pound, add $4 for shipping and thats still $10 less than Sentry.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X