Under Powered 375 H&H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Powered 375 H&H

I have read the 375 ruger was the second comming!> give me a Break! i have a 602 with a long throat with a 300g bullit and 80g of imr 4350 can push it to 2800fpc!> >the 375 H&H is underloaded just like the 416 Rigby stats!>> Why??>> as they say false news!> and the rags like to sell garbage! Enjoy.

If the 375 ruger was as good as they claim it wouldíve replaced the .375h&h. It clearly hasnít. My 375h&h will push 2800fps with 270 tsx and 2700 with 300 tsx. Thatís with a 21Ē barrel. Ammo for the h&h is much easier to find, simply because itís a more popular caliber. Thereís always the smooth feed the h&h cartridges have too.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Comment

I have pushed it to 81>82 g >> but 80g sweet spot!!>> then you look at the reload>>76>for a 270g bullit> pathetic.
      Last edited by ranting; 05-08-2021, 18:30.

Comment

I run 80gr of w748
        It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Comment

I have two different 375’s. Both seem to prefer the Barnes 270 TSX better than any other bullet. Load for one is 80gr of Big Game and the other likes 75gr of R15. Have not yet chrono’d but both shoot well under an inch three shot groups at 100. And both these loads according to book data should be over 2700fps. 375’s are new to me and hope to take game with them this year.

Comment

Well I like my .375 Ruger just fine. It shoots better than most of my varmint rifles. I shoot 270 grain barnes tsx bullets and the ballistics beat your H&H loads. Believe your fake news but don't knock my .375 Ruger. Ammo may be easier to find but why would I care, I reload my own. Give me a break and do more research.
            Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

I'm shooting 300 grain Barnes X in my .375 H&H. I don't remember which powder, but it's s full house load and extremely accurate. It's one and done with the big bulls every time. Winchester stainless Classic. The only changes I made was a Decellerator pad and opening up the mag well by removing the block at the back.
              Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Its very Intro as Im saying!!>> the 375 H&H>> Up load it or Down load it>> On my 602 its a tack driver for a BIG BORE!> 375 Ruger??> I do nor Know>never shot one and never WILL! Enjoy

Comment

I have shot my buddy’s 375 Ruger rifle at range a few times. I do notice more muzzle blast from his rifle with its 20” barrel compared to the 24” and 25” barrels on my H&H rifles. His Ruger rifle is short and handy for sure. I would be interested in shooting both over an accurate chrono and compare velocities from both as I have noticed every load book lists their test velocities out of a 24” test barrel in both 375’s. I thought I had read years ago that Hornady used proprietary powder to get their velocities out of a 20” barrel so high? Either way, both seem to be fine cartridges with plenty of accuracy potential.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X