Alaska Bullet Works, sad news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Bullet Works, sad news.

Karl Meilke of Alaska Bullet Works fame in Juneau went to his heavenly reward last month. I will miss talking with him when I ordered his bullets. In my opinion he may have made the best flat nosed expanding bullets for lever guns and Alaska's big game. He was in his mid 80's and told me last time we spoke he was not sure how long he would keep making bullets and when he quit no one else seemed interested in doing it. He was working on some 220 grain flat points for my .356 Win. and my last purchase was 250 grain bullets for my .348 Win. and 350 grain for my 45-70. Rest in peace Karl, your obituary speaks to a life well lived.

Always a sad deal when talented folks pass on. We sold his bullets at Down under in Fbks when I was there. Quality stuff. He would just mail up the bullets with an invoice, and we would send him a check. Good guy.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

After Down Under closed, I bought directly from him. I'd just call him when I needed some bullets and he'd ship them directly to my house. The first time I ever talked to him I asked him if he needed my credit card info over the phone. He said, "Are you going to to pay me?" I said yes, and he sent the bullets with an invoice. Great guy, and every time I talked to him he was a pleasure to do business with.
      We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
      James Madison

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X