410 hulls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 410 hulls?

Just getting into reloading 410 shotgun shells and looking for hulls, any recommendations on where to find them up here? 2 1/2 inch hulls is what I need. Also, would like info on reloading slugs in the same length hulls. I did manage to pick up some Rem STS from the lower 48, but would like some AA's high brass for the slugs.

I have been reloading off and on for the last 9 years, rifle, piston and 12 ga.

Originally posted by msta999 View Post
    Just getting into reloading 410 shotgun shells and looking for hulls, any recommendations on where to find them up here? 2 1/2 inch hulls is what I need. Also, would like info on reloading slugs in the same length hulls. I did manage to pick up some Rem STS from the lower 48, but would like some AA's high brass for the slugs.

I have been reloading off and on for the last 9 years, rifle, piston and 12 ga.
    I suggest you do a search for "For Sale, 410 Hulls". Ballistic
    Products is a good place, but they "Out of Stock".

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Comment

Those thingys be scarce. Everbody out of'em.

Looks like Able Ammo, gottem.

Smitty of the North
      Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
      Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
      You can't out-give God.

Comment

Make some brass 410 cases out of 303 British spent cases. Fire form them using a light load of Unique. Lots of youtube videos on the subject. You will never wear them out at shotgun pressures!

Comment

444 Marlin cases work really well. No fire forming and don't have to thin the rim as you do with 303 brass in some shotguns.

Comment

444 have too thin of a rim in my old Ivers Johnson. They don't always go bang when pointed at the ground but go bang every time when pointed up in the air. Light primer strikes are obvious when looking at the primers on the ones that don't go off. This could be isolated to this old gun too. I have acquired another 410 since I tried those 444 brass. I'll have to try the 444s again with this Hatfield sitting in the corner.

Comment

There seems to be quite a bit of differences in 410 chamber dimensions. My Savage 22/410 needs to have the rims thinner than my Hatfield 410 and I suspect that older 410s are all over the place for head space. I have another old Savage single shot around here somewhere that I can't seem to find at the moment so I haven't tried it yet for fit with the 444 brass. I will say I'm not that fond of blowing out 303 brass to 410. I'm having trouble getting a good enough seal from powder to Cream of Wheat to get good fillout on the first fire form.

Comment

rbuck, I have access to oodles of crayons which measure just over 5/16ths of an inch or about .318. I just bell the case a bit and stuff a crayon in on top of the Unique in a 303 case. Plenty of pressure for fireforming. What hillbillies don't think of huh?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X