Rifle powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle powder

Hope all is well. I've been reloading for a while. I'm from pa and moved to tx and am pcsing to Alaska. Is varget still a good powder in Alaska? It has been good in the temp extremes in pa was just wondering.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I haven't looked at that one particular but the powder shortage of past seems over and there is plenty of stuff on the shelves.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

I was mostly wondering consistency for cold. Warm and elevation change.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Varget should be as good as anything else.
        "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

All of Hodgdon's Extreme powders are made for extreme temperatures high and low.

Comment

About 4 guys I know use Varget in their .35 Whelen. They are shooting moose and caribou from August till late September.

Comment

I use Varget in my .35 Whelen and .308 Win.

Varget, H4350, Enduron 4451 and H4831 should cover all your big game rifle reloading needs

Comment

I use Varget for my .22/250AI loads and have never had a problem with it during very cold winter varmint hunting.
                Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X