X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daved
    replied
    Originally posted by LeonardC View Post
    Thanks for the update. Let us know the details as this gets worked out. Are you going to have your brother ship it from OR or is he going to haul it to SEA and drop it off at the shippers? Will you have to have it repacked to have it shipped?
    He has it at his house and is repacking it. I will let everybody know how it all worked out.

Leave a comment:

• Happily
    replied
    Originally posted by KLK View Post
    Same here, but add 7828 to the list.
    7828 seems to be around a lot... gng bass pro, cabelas last month everywhere 7828 ssc in wasilla sportsman last friday

Leave a comment:

• LeonardC
    replied
    Thanks for the update. Let us know the details as this gets worked out. Are you going to have your brother ship it from OR or is he going to haul it to SEA and drop it off at the shippers? Will you have to have it repacked to have it shipped?

Leave a comment:

• Daved
    replied
    Sorry about the inbox, I will clean it out.

I have powder sitting at my Brother's house in OR. I am calling shippers to see who can get it up here. Not as easy as it may sound. I now know what they want to hear about shipping size and weights, and can now get some reasonable quotes. The shipping to OR was reasonable, but had a mediatory hazmat fee. About over $1 per pound added to cost to get it to OR. Likely another $2-3 per pound to get it up here. So, the powder I will have will be more expensive. No way around that since I am not buying it by the pallet. But, I have some popular stuff. I am not going to spill the bean I what is coming up to avoid the full in box again. My original post on H110 fell through and it is all said for now.

Leave a comment:

• KLK
    replied
    Originally posted by Happily View Post
    interested if you get rl22 4831 4350 or h 1000 possibly rl19
    Same here, but add 7828 to the list.

Leave a comment:

• Swissy
    replied
    Originally posted by Daved View Post
    Looks like I am getting 10 pounds of h110 instead of 40. I have some other powders coming to make up the 50# box limit. I will post what I have when/if I get anything up here.
    kinda late on this and tried to PM you... seems your inbox is too full! go figure!
    Too bad you're cut short on the H110 - I need it for 300BLK loads. Getting any A1680? :confused:

Leave a comment:

• Happily
    replied
    interested if you get rl22 4831 4350 or h 1000 possibly rl19

Leave a comment:

• Daved
    replied
    Looks like I am getting 10 pounds of h110 instead of 40. I have some other powders coming to make up the 50# box limit. I will post what I have when/if I get anything up here.

Leave a comment:

• LeonardC
    replied
    Bullelkklr: PM sent.

Leave a comment:

• BIGAKSTUFF
    replied
    Now somebody do this with Reloader 22! lol

Leave a comment:

• Bullelkklr
    replied
    If someone would want to split or quarter a 10 pound lot let me know via PM - I'll go in on it. If not, that is okay too.

Leave a comment:

• rbuck351
    replied
    No reason that shouldn't work well. H110 should be easy to get rid of any you don't want. 10lb lots is a lot more than I have any interest in but it should be easy to find three others that would take 10lbs. This is usually the way it happens. Someone wants powder bad enough to order up a bunch and resell what they don't want. You will probably have any you don't want sold before it gets here. Things get done when someone takes charge and does it.

Leave a comment:

• LeonardC
    replied
    Good for you Dave. PM sent

Leave a comment:

• Daved
    replied
    OK. I did it. I am trying to get some H110 up here. I have 40# on the way. Maybe more if I can swing it. They will be in 10 pound lots. I will let you know when/if it comes in. If my fuzzy math is correct, it should be under the going online rate of approximately $20 a pound. I decided not to complain about it anymore and do something. Let's see how it works.

Leave a comment:

• Daved
    replied
    Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Serious question, or sarcasm?

The primary catch, as previously identified, is availability. The second catch is cost: ship a small quantity and the cost per pound becomes uneconomical; ship a larger quantity (50#) and obtain a good per pound cost, but have to pay a hefty total cost.
    Sorry, not trying to be sarcastic. So, if a guy brought up 50 pounds of pistol powder, do you think it would sell?

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X