Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need 7mm wsm brass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need 7mm wsm brass

    If anyone has any they'd like to sell then I'd be interested. Been searching all over the eastern US and can't find any, maybe you guys up there got some.

  • #2
    Can you use .300WSM brass and neck down?
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hodgeman View Post
      Can you use .300WSM brass and neck down?
      I could, but I'm a little OCD about having the right head stamps. I've used the wrong head stamps before like on my 8mm mag which is all but an obsolete caliber and sometimes hard to find brass for (don't know why because it's a beast of a caliber). In a crunch I'll use 270-300wsm brass, but as of now I have a few prospects that have 20-40 pieces of 7mm wsm brass that I'm going to try and trade for. But I'd like to gather up about 100 or more at a good price if I can.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey hodgeman, I'm looking for 7mm WSM too but I'm not OCD if you have some 300 WSM brass you'd be willing to part with I'd like to buy some from ya.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ernie Scar View Post
          Hey hodgeman, I'm looking for 7mm WSM too but I'm not OCD if you have some 300 WSM brass you'd be willing to part with I'd like to buy some from ya.
          Well I have a somewhat good reason on top of being slightly OCD. I reload 300 wsm for some friends, but I also reload 270 wsm for some friends and I hunt with all them. In the back of my mind I'm afraid something might happen one day and one of their ammo get mixed up with my 7mm with the wrong headstamp. I know the 270 and 300 most likely wouldn't get mixed up but it could go either way with the 7mm. I know the 7mm has a ever so slightly longer neck, bu i don't want to find out the hard way that it's possible, or carry a mic hunting with me to make sure of the 7/1000ths difference between .277 and .284

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah I'm with ya on that and I do shoot a 270 WSM so would never go that route to obtain brass. I've never had a 300 WSM in my home and only load for myself but if I were in your situation the caliber wouldn't change from the head stamp.

            Comment


            • #7
              300 wsm and 270 wsm if used for 7 wsm has to be fire formed the shoulder on the 7 wsm is longer than the 300wsm or 270 wsm. When sizing the 300 WSM you have to give it a false shoulder when you neck it down to 7 wsm. Take the min load in the book for whatever powder you want to use and bullet and make sure the bullet has good contact with the lands and go fireform the cases. If you vary from this you will get case head separation because the webbing on the case has stretched. So it is very important to have the bullet into the lands. I have 140rds of factory ammo and 70 pieces of brass, NO it's not for sale.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by fieldnstreamer View Post
                Well I have a somewhat good reason on top of being slightly OCD. I reload 300 wsm for some friends, but I also reload 270 wsm for some friends and I hunt with all them. In the back of my mind I'm afraid something might happen one day and one of their ammo get mixed up with my 7mm with the wrong headstamp. I know the 270 and 300 most likely wouldn't get mixed up but it could go either way with the 7mm. I know the 7mm has a ever so slightly longer neck, bu i don't want to find out the hard way that it's possible, or carry a mic hunting with me to make sure of the 7/1000ths difference between .277 and .284
                Not the neck bud its the shoulder a 7 wsm will not chamber in a 270 wsm. if you somehow get it chambered in a 300 wsm the bullet will rattle down the barrel.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 323 View Post
                  Not the neck bud its the shoulder a 7 wsm will not chamber in a 270 wsm. if you somehow get it chambered in a 300 wsm the bullet will rattle down the barrel.
                  Yea that's what I meant to say.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok since no one apparently wants to sell brass, I have another question. I have some 120ttsx's that work great in a 7mm-08, I have a buddy who has never killed anything with his 7mm weatherby which is loaded with the 120 but it is very accurate. I'm wondering at 7wsm speeds how well do these bullets hold up on light skinned deer/antelope/200+\-lbs hogs? At 3400+ fps they should hold together decently well and put the sting on something out to around 400 yards. I hunt soybean fields as well as hardwood stands and regularly kill deer anywhere from 40-300 yards. A few here and there out to 400 and a longest being 481 with my 270. So I'm not worried about my proficientcy, but just how that bullet holds up if anyone has tried it at those speeds. I love my 257wby with the 80gr ttsx if that's anything close to how it performs.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      7mm WSM brass is a hot comodity these days. I'm looking for some too. I just resorted to buying factory ammo and going to get my brass that way. I hate shooting factory, but no choice these days unless you want to pay outrageous prices on gun broker. I'm guessing it's a seasonal run by winchester, so hopefully they make some soon.
                      Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
                      "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
                      I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by duckslayer56 View Post
                        7mm WSM brass is a hot comodity these days. I'm looking for some too. I just resorted to buying factory ammo and going to get my brass that way. I hate shooting factory, but no choice these days unless you want to pay outrageous prices on gun broker. I'm guessing it's a seasonal run by winchester, so hopefully they make some soon.
                        I may go to sportsmans warehouse sometime and just get some factory ammo and pull em. A guy in the local trader told me he had about 60 once fired brass in storage he thought. So I may get lucky after all.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've had a hard time even finding factory loaded ammo for the 7mm wsm but did manage to find 4 boxes in the last eight months.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have 10 rounds of Winchester supreme 140 BST 7wsm in nickel cases if anyone has any components for 8mm mag, 270, 308, or 7mm that they want to trade on.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              the 7mm WSM has a more forward shoulder than the .300 and .270 versions to avoid mistaken chambering of the wrong round - check gunbroker.com in "reloading supplies" as I've seen brass advertised there several times - nothing wrong with once fired factories at all and all W-W factory brass for WSM's is really good brass

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X