Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Hey Andy;
    Try that 12 ga with 1 1/4 oz of #9. Nothing gets through that pattern. It even works pretty good on Geese. You just shoot for there neck. I only used the 410 for a couple of years and then Dad gave me an old M10 Rem pump in 12 ga full. What a difference that made.
    I may do just that, I'll be in AZ during dove season even.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Sometimes you can still pick up .410 Lee loaders for around ten bucks if you want to get fancy.
      Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Count yourself very lucky if you can find a Lee Loader 410 for $10...they are so scarce in 410 nowadays that prices on Ebay for a complete original set now hover around $75. Sometimes more, but for that kind of money one might just as well spring for a Mec 600 Jr press and be done with it, IMO. I had a Mec 600 setup for 410 a few years ago, but I found reloading the 410 was not exactly an easy chore...talk about a finicky hull! Kept my Mec 600 for 12ga though, and I'm happy with it...it works good.
        "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

Comment

Originally posted by Arcticmayhem View Post
          It is legal to kill small game with anything from rocks to 50 BMG. You just have to decide how much you want to have left to take home
          hey were you out shootin clays at knik riverbed last weekend? found a bunch that were missed and intact. hope you got a better aim! hehe we should go down to the river and shoot sometimes, if you got any left.
          Semper Fi!

Comment

No I haven't been able to find a place or person to shoot clays with, and I usually don't let too many get away once I get warmed up. I still have a box of clays just waiting to be smashed. I don't know what your schedule is, and my weekends are weird, but we should work out a time to do some shooting. This weekend I have plans already made for Easter Sunday, but I have Monday and Tuesday free. Otherwise maybe next Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcticmayhem View Post
              No I haven't been able to find a place or person to shoot clays with, and I usually don't let too many get away once I get warmed up. I still have a box of clays just waiting to be smashed. I don't know what your schedule is, and my weekends are weird, but we should work out a time to do some shooting. This weekend I have plans already made for Easter Sunday, but I have Monday and Tuesday free. Otherwise maybe next Sunday afternoon.
              i will have to check into then.
              Semper Fi!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	CCF1043D-B286-4429-8E7D-C1874D411572.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	2775029
                These are the tools that I use to reload 410. CPVC 1/2 (15mm) to support the case while reloading and a piece of 3/8 dowel for a ram. The 7/16 socket keeps the crimp end from swelling out. The brass and steel pieces I got from a friend that can’t remember where he got them from.
                I know this is an old thread but I ran across it looking for 410 hand loading.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The bottom photo is my setup to make straight wall cases. I use a razor knife to do the trimming.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X