No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To clarify,
    You should Resize, BEFORE trimming.
    You should encounter no problems with resizing a long case.
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Comment

What Smitty said. Definitely resize before you trim. If you can set your die up to neck size or partially full length resize, that will reduce case stretching at each firing and require less trimming as well as make cases last longer. Especially important with belted mags. Case lube dents on a case are harmless and get ironed out during firing.
      Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandads338 View Post
        Reloading some .338 today, have a couple of minute details bugging me, so.....
        How long do you leave brass in a cleaning machine?

Some of my cases are dimpling/wrinkling around the entire circumference of the shoulder, as if they might be .... over-stretched. Have any of you experienced this? Should I take it as a sign that it's time to throw that casing away?

Thanks for anything you've got!
        I don't have any advice to help you with your question, but you have just about the perfect handle for this shooting forum... lol
        "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
        ~ John Quincy Adams

Comment

Thanks! I give credit to grandpa for it being my chosen caliber.

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X