Ace value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace value?

I just swapped stright across for this Colt Ace .22 conversion unit.
    It is pretty well pitted but the bore and chamber are nice. Any idea what it would be worth in this condition? I know that Colt, Winchester, and Smith are is rated in the blue book, even in very poor condition...
    Just curious.
    Maybe I'll shoot it this weekend and report!

regards..

reuben..
    "SUA SPONTE"
    "Illigitmati non Carborundum"

I'm 51..... thats 12 in man years.....

Colt conversion kit value

It is a pretty early one judging from the rear sight. You are missing the recoil spring and slide stop - they are different from the .45 ones.

I'd guess $250 - $350 as a shooter- with the pitting it does not have much collector's value. Early nice ones bring $500 or so.

If it has a "U" prefix serial no. it would be worth somewhat more.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Comment

Originally posted by tvfinak View Post
      It is a pretty early one judging from the rear sight. You are missing the recoil spring and slide stop - they are different from the .45 ones.

I'd guess $250 - $350 as a shooter- with the pitting it does not have much collector's value. Early nice ones bring $500 or so.

If it has a "U" prefix serial no. it would be worth somewhat more.
      For a recoil spring, a Gold Cup .45 spring will do(same thing). Recoil plug same as Governmet model.
      Steve
      "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

Comment

Looks like its missing the ejector as well. Unless its sitting in the slide, but usually they are loose with the barrel pulled out.
        "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Originally posted by gunbugs View Post
          Looks like its missing the ejector as well. Unless its sitting in the slide, but usually they are loose with the barrel pulled out.
          Yep, I missed that gunbugs. Thanks.
          Steve
          "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X