Taurus ultra lite 44 magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured it out

I found that the firing pin is sticking out a very small amount so when I put the round in the cylinder in the chamber that lines up with the barrel it hits. If I put no round in it works fine.(meaning the cylinder will go right in) leaving me with 5 rounds in a 6 round pistol. I also don't know what will happen if I fire a round and if it will continue to hit. So its off to Taurus for repair before I even fired it. We will see what the turn around is. sent for repair date was 4-29-09 12:20 pm from Chimo guns. I wil keep you all posted when it returns. Hopefully its not to long as I was wanting to use it this summer.:confused:

Comment

I'm shooting Hornady Leverevolution 44mag 225gr FTX in mine,those things shoot like a dream and fit like a glove.

https://www.hornady.com/shop/?ps_ses...4fa757c2cd5d80

Velocity/Energy....handgun info from Hornady site

Muzzle
      1410/993

50 yards
      1240/768

100 yards
      1111/617

Comment

Called Taurus Today.

Called Taurus today to see if my pistol arrived and they said it arrived May 4 and will be back within 3 weeks. So far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by tnjquinones View Post
          Called Taurus today to see if my pistol arrived and they said it arrived May 4 and will be back within 3 weeks. So far so good.
          Your luckier than I am.. I just called and they logged mine into service on 5/1. Rep told me they are working on guns received on 3/23 so it's about 5-6 weeks before they even look at it.. So, I should expect to have the gun back in mid-end of July.

Comment

I was going to

suggest cleaning the blazes out of the cylinder. Shooting 44 Special for lower recoil/checking it out and then trying to load mags sometimes leads to a ring of smudge at the end of the special case.
            Mike
            (but seeing as how you figured it out all my deductive reasoning has been wasted! :-)
            Mike
            www.alaskaatvclub.org
            There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.:eek:

Comment

get what you pay for..

The Taurus products have had more than their share of quality problems in their steel handguns. I wouldn't touch one in something as difficult to manufacture as titanium. Even Ruger won't attempt to manufacture a large caliber lightweight revolver. When it comes to handguns for personal protection, condoms, and pacemakers it just does not pay to buy a lower quality product to save a few bucks. Get rid of it and buy a S&W!

Originally posted by dvarmit View Post
              Your luckier than I am.. I just called and they logged mine into service on 5/1. Rep told me they are working on guns received on 3/23 so it's about 5-6 weeks before they even look at it.. So, I should expect to have the gun back in mid-end of July.
              Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
              ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Comment

Originally posted by tvfinak View Post
                The Taurus products have had more than their share of quality problems in their steel handguns. I wouldn't touch one in something as difficult to manufacture as titanium. Even Ruger won't attempt to manufacture a large caliber lightweight revolver. When it comes to handguns for personal protection, condoms, and pacemakers it just does not pay to buy a lower quality product to save a few bucks. Get rid of it and buy a S&W!
                Now . . . I love S&W, I have 3 guns in that name now and many others over the years. The "X" frame is the best thing to come along in in handguns for years, and hats off to the S&W 460 mag I love so much!! But the worst POS I ever had in my hand was a S&W M&P40 auto! Sent that thing back 3 times and it never would feed or extract right. So even they are not 100% on their quility reckord!:mad:

On the other end of things my Tanfoglio made EAA Witness (from Italy) is as well made as a Kimber for 1/3 the price. So you don’t get what you pay for and brand name, or where it was made, has very little bearing on quality.

That said I do still prefer to buy American first, next best is made in other first world counters like Canada and Italy, next is what I consider the second world like Argentina or South Korea, and my last pick is third world like China, Pakistan, India and so on. To me this is more about where my money goes and what policies it will be supporting than quality of goods. The saying that “even a blind dog will find a bone sometimes” to me says some of the stuff made in a dirt hovel someplace like Pakistan will be good. I have seen some very well made steel products from Pakistan just as I have seen some real junk made in the good old USA. So I buy quality first . . . then where and who made it, but if it’s not of good quality I don’t even look beyond that because a POS is still POS and it don’t make no never mind hatched it out or where . . . I still don’t want it!!
                Andy
                On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                Call/Text 602-315-2406
                Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Titanium Revolvers

I was primarily directing my comments at the titanium revolvers- the choice is pretty limited in that catagory.

All manufacturers have quality issues - but some have a lot more that others. My S&W 319 PD has the hole for the extractor rod plunger bored too large - I've got to send it back but it is a minor issue and the gun still works fine since I used a larger pin.

There are indeed some bargains out there. The Italian made Tanfoglio, the Star pistols, and the Norinco 1911s are a few examples of good quality functional handguns at attractive prices. Unfortunately the titanium Taurus revolvers don't fall into the bargain catagory or I would buy one myself.

While the S&W M&P40 may have been bad I can't believe it is near as poor as some of the low end cast clunkers I've seen - there is some real junk out there.

Originally posted by ADfields View Post
                  Now . . . I love S&W, I have 3 guns in that name now and many others over the years. The "X" frame is the best thing to come along in in handguns for years, and hats off to the S&W 460 mag I love so much!! But the worst POS I ever had in my hand was a S&W M&P40 auto! Sent that thing back 3 times and it never would feed or extract right. So even they are not 100% on their quility reckord!:mad:

On the other end of things my Tanfoglio made EAA Witness (from Italy) is as well made as a Kimber for 1/3 the price. So you donít get what you pay for and brand name, or where it was made, has very little bearing on quality.

That said I do still prefer to buy American first, next best is made in other first world counters like Canada and Italy, next is what I consider the second world like Argentina or South Korea, and my last pick is third world like China, Pakistan, India and so on. To me this is more about where my money goes and what policies it will be supporting than quality of goods. The saying that ďeven a blind dog will find a bone sometimesĒ to me says some of the stuff made in a dirt hovel someplace like Pakistan will be good. I have seen some very well made steel products from Pakistan just as I have seen some real junk made in the good old USA. So I buy quality first . . . then where and who made it, but if itís not of good quality I donít even look beyond that because a POS is still POS and it donít make no never mind hatched it out or where . . . I still donít want it!!
                  Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
                  ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Comment

Originally posted by tvfinak View Post
                    I was primarily directing my comments at the titanium revolvers- the choice is pretty limited in that catagory.

All manufacturers have quality issues - but some have a lot more that others. My S&W 319 PD has the hole for the extractor rod plunger bored too large - I've got to send it back but it is a minor issue and the gun still works fine since I used a larger pin.

There are indeed some bargains out there. The Italian made Tanfoglio, the Star pistols, and the Norinco 1911s are a few examples of good quality functional handguns at attractive prices. Unfortunately the titanium Taurus revolvers don't fall into the bargain catagory or I would buy one myself.

While the S&W M&P40 may have been bad I can't believe it is near as poor as some of the low end cast clunkers I've seen - there is some real junk out there.
                    That I agree with, Smith invented the super light alloy revolvers and is still top dog with them. Others will catch up with them some day, but so far Smith has done a good job of keeping their trade secrets from getting out. They put a heck of a bunch of research into getting the things to work. I remember when they first came out I thought they would be throw away guns, good for 500 or 1000 rounds then chuck it, but after ten or twelve years now it looks like I was very wrong about them!!
                    I also thought the same thing of the Glock in the early 80s, I'm a slow learner I guess.:rolleyes:
                    Andy
                    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                    Call/Text 602-315-2406
                    Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
                      That is strange cause I run 320 grn alaska backpackers through Taurus Tracker and the cylindar cycles fine. Hmmm maybe I got lucky or something.
                      The 320's fit in mine as well.

Comment

My ultra lite has returned!

Got my pistol back from Taurus today shot about 30 rounds thru it no problem. sent 4-29 and back 6-17. Not the quickest but its back.

Comment

Originally posted by tnjquinones View Post
                          Got my pistol back from Taurus today shot about 30 rounds thru it no problem. sent 4-29 and back 6-17. Not the quickest but its back.
                          Sent mine 4-27 and it shows as still waiting to be worked on.. SLOWWWWWW

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X