extra clip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extra clip?

Does any one know where I can get an extra clip for a High Standard Dura matic M-101 Pistol?

try Krasnes (Triple K MFr) in San Diego or Numrich arms, both on line. the gun sites like guns america, etc usually have some listed.

one caveat: I have never had a non high standard had magazine work well in any of the 6 or more HS pistols I have owned. Even the HS made ones sometimes need tweaking to the pistol.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Picture

Originally posted by big_dog60 View Post
      Does any one know where I can get an extra clip for a High Standard Dura matic M-101 Pistol?
      Got a picture? I've never seen High Standard that uses a clip. The only ones I've seen used magazines.

Comment

Originally posted by brav01 View Post
        Got a picture? I've never seen High Standard that uses a clip. The only ones I've seen used magazines.
        Yeah, the only down side to having a pistol that uses a clip is the "pling" sound it makes when it's time for a reload...

- Clint
        /_|o[____]o
        [1---L-OllllllO-
        ()_)()_)==)_)

Comment

Originally posted by brav01 View Post
          Ooh, the fatal internet misnomer strikes again....
          The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
          sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

um, ok, perhaps I am not using the correct terminology, so what is the difference between a clip and a magazine?

I thought that a magazine was built in, like many bolt action rifles have, and a clip was a removable.

Comment

Difference

um, ok, perhaps I am not using the correct terminology, so what is the difference between a clip and a magazine?

I thought that a magazine was built in, like many bolt action rifles have, and a clip was a removable.
              It is terminology.
              A magazine holds the ammunition inside. For instance a Glock mag. a box magazine like a detachable for a Tikka or Remington.

A clip holds the ammo ready to be inserted in a fixed in gun magazine like the ones used on Garands,, C-96 Mausers, Grendels,,SKS and many others. Many removeable magazines also have clips like the ones for AR-15s and AK-47s.

Magazine;
              http://www.botachtactical.com/glockmagazines.html

Clip:
              http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/v/ammo/garand-clips/
              http://www.thecountryshed.com/sks_accessories.htm

Clips are usually cheaper and disposable.

Comment

ok, well then I am looking for and extra magazine.

Comment

Comment

Good job guys with the clip vs magazine lessons. Do you think we could get a nice power-point demo on the use of clips and the proper way to load magazines and clips with ammo and into the guns?? There could be a Nobel peace prize waiting for someone.
                    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                      Good job guys with the clip vs magazine lessons. Do you think we could get a nice power-point demo on the use of clips and the proper way to load magazines and clips with ammo and into the guns?? There could be a Nobel peace prize waiting for someone.
                      NIce!.......and none of the keyboard experts actually helped the shooter meet his needs; they new what he meant as well. Why do we do that to each other?

Comment

Try this person:

http://www.jocoemprise.com/

He specializes in hard to find magazines. He didn't have any mags for your particular firearm listed, but I'd email him and inquire about it, he is quick to respond to email and may be able to help.

Don't worry about mixing up magazine and clip, people like to give a ribbing, but everyone knew what you were talking about.

Comment

this just happened at work yesterday

A guy was selling several pistols which he said had several clips. he also said he had several rifles with shoulder straps. he was not a gun guy but im picturing clips carried in purses. kind of jumps out at you. sorry to say many say clip when they mean magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by asrjb25 View Post
                            Try this person:

http://www.jocoemprise.com/

He specializes in hard to find magazines. He didn't have any mags for your particular firearm listed, but I'd email him and inquire about it, he is quick to respond to email and may be able to help.

Don't worry about mixing up magazine and clip, people like to give a ribbing, but everyone knew what you were talking about.
                            Yes great place to start

Comment

So, would

a speedloader be considered a clip then??
                              What about a striploader (the flat speedloader for revolvers)?
                              Mike

(just making trouble)
                              Mike
                              www.alaskaatvclub.org
                              There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.:eek:

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X