Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger New Super Black Hawk 44mag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ruger New Super Black Hawk 44mag

    Nice little guns and your loads look like they will do fine and not hot rodded to the max.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  • #2
    Originally posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Nice little guns and your loads look like they will do fine and not hot rodded to the max.

    Thank you!! They are not hot rodded to the max as you said and I agree with you that they do not need to be. If I really want something hotter than the 44mag, there are some cartridge that would give me more. As a back up the 44mag will do and I just need to load the right bullet for the back up job I am asking of it and the 44mag will take care of business if need be.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

    Comment


    • #3
      Very nice

      I owned the same model in blue when they were first issued that way in the early 90s. They balance very nicely.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mauserboy View Post
        I owned the same model in blue when they were first issued that way in the early 90s. They balance very nicely.
        +1 mauserboy,they really handle well.
        A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
        THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
        THE HEART OF A CHILD
        THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

        Comment


        • #5
          What the heck!

          What the heck happened to the first post with the picture in it? Am I losing my mind and thinking of a different thread? :confused::confused:

          Andy
          Andy
          On the web= C-lazy-F.co
          Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
          Call/Text 602-315-2406
          Phoenix Arizona

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ADfields View Post
            What the heck happened to the first post with the picture in it? Am I losing my mind and thinking of a different thread? :confused::confused:

            Andy
            I put this thread in the wrong place and the moderator or some one messed it up, They got one with picture on one and all our post on this one and you as the originator instead of me on this one and me on the other one, go figure :rolleyes:
            A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
            THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
            THE HEART OF A CHILD
            THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

            Comment


            • #7
              HERE IS THE ORIGINAL POST THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO START THIS THREAD



              I will be picking up a New In The Box Ruger New Super Black Hawk 44mag 5 1/2" Stainless this coming Monday. It is part of a past trade along with giving me some cash to boot for a rifle I had that has now been completed. The guy traded me this New Super Blackhawk while he still had it on lay-a-way at a local gun shop. He has now finished paying for it and I will pick it up as I said Monday. Should be a good carry for me to pack along with my new 358Win Hawkeye and my 30-06 Hawkeye.

              My dangerous game load for the Ruger is a 320gr Cast Performance bullet in front of 21grs of H110. My all around load is 240gr Hornady and 250gr Partition, in front of 24.2grs of H110 and a little less for the 250gr Par.
              A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
              THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
              THE HEART OF A CHILD
              THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

              Comment


              • #8
                Good to know I'm not all lost here! I been fighting with this dang server to the point I have a hard time knowing.:rolleyes:

                Sure will be good to have new stuff that works next week!!!

                Andy
                Andy
                On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                Call/Text 602-315-2406
                Phoenix Arizona

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nice Shooter!

                  Thats a good looking piece of iron there Beartooth. I picked up a new to me .44 myself a couple of weeks ago at a gunshow. It is a smith and wesson model 29-3 "Classic Hunter" with a 6" barrel. It has a full underlug and a 4 position silhouette type front site. Im still collecting components to load up some ammo for it, needless to say i'm excited to get out and do some shooting. It will be my backup this fall for bowhunting, the wolves are getting out of hand where i'm at.
                  LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bigswede358 View Post
                    Thats a good looking piece of iron there Beartooth. I picked up a new to me .44 myself a couple of weeks ago at a gunshow. It is a smith and wesson model 29-3 "Classic Hunter" with a 6" barrel. It has a full underlug and a 4 position silhouette type front site. Im still collecting components to load up some ammo for it, needless to say i'm excited to get out and do some shooting. It will be my backup this fall for bowhunting, the wolves are getting out of hand where i'm at.
                    Yes, nothing like a 44mag for back up. I will be developing two back up loads and one carry load for personal defense.
                    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
                    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
                    THE HEART OF A CHILD
                    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by beartooth View Post
                      [COLOR=Red]
                      My dangerous game load for the Ruger is a 320gr Cast Performance bullet in front of 21grs of H110. My all around load is 240gr Hornady and 250gr Partition, in front of 24.2grs of H110 and a little less for the 250gr Par.
                      A nice plinkin round is a 240gr swc keith style cast bullet over 8gr Unique with a good crimp in 44 mag brass. Cheap and I can shoot em all day out of my SBH. 1 lb of Unique will load close to 900 rounds.
                      A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Snyd View Post
                        A nice plinkin round is a 240gr swc keith style cast bullet over 8gr Unique with a good crimp in 44 mag brass. Cheap and I can shoot em all day out of my SBH. 1 lb of Unique will load close to 900 rounds.
                        Bullseye will stretch even farther and give plinking to mid power 44 Mag. loadings. I like Unique but love Bullseye and use it for some load or other in all my handguns, both versatile powders.

                        Andy
                        Andy
                        On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                        Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                        Call/Text 602-315-2406
                        Phoenix Arizona

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Snyd View Post
                          A nice plinkin round is a 240gr swc keith style cast bullet over 8gr Unique with a good crimp in 44 mag brass. Cheap and I can shoot em all day out of my SBH. 1 lb of Unique will load close to 900 rounds.

                          I got a can of Unique, just might put it to use for a good plinking day.
                          A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
                          THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
                          THE HEART OF A CHILD
                          THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ADfields View Post
                            Good to know I'm not all lost here! I been fighting with this dang server to the point I have a hard time knowing.:rolleyes:

                            Sure will be good to have new stuff that works next week!!!

                            Andy

                            Oops! Just because I screwed up doesn't mean you're not lost, Andy.

                            Actually I don't know what happened.??$#@#@!
                            Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                              Oops! Just because I screwed up doesn't mean you're not lost, Andy.

                              Actually I don't know what happened.??$#@#@!
                              Ya I have always been lost, or a lost cause, or a cause well lost, or some kind of. . . what was I talking about? :confused:

                              I figuring it was the old server trying to communicate with us, it wants to live! Remember the movie 2001 A Space Odyssey? Well we are fast approaching the sequel (2010) and I think the thing is coming alive on us.:eek:

                              Andy

                              PS: I remember watching that movie when it came out in 1968 and thinking ďIf thatís what 2001 will be like I want nothing to do with it.Ē I never have got that movie.:rolleyes:
                              Andy
                              On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                              Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                              Call/Text 602-315-2406
                              Phoenix Arizona

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X