Ruger® LCR™: AN EVOLUTIONARY REVOLVER DESIGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger® LCR™: AN EVOLUTIONARY REVOLVER DESIGN

Has anyone seen the new Ruger? I think I'm going to have to get one.

SOUTHPORT, CONNECTICUT, January 15, 2009 - Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is pleased to announce the new Ruger Lightweight Compact Revolver (LCR), an evolution in revolver design. The 13.5 ounce, small frame, 5-shot LCR has three main components: a polymer fire control housing, an aircraft quality aluminum monolithic frame, and an extensively fluted stainless steel cylinder. The Ruger LCR represents one of the most significant new revolver designs in over a century, with three patent applications pending.

The LCR’s lightweight, chemical-resistant polymer fire control housing contains the entire fire control mechanism. Because the fire control components are located within this single housing, their dimensional relationship can be held much more closely than if divided between traditional grip frames and cylinder frames. The end result is that the fire control components are assembled with no hand fitting, resulting in a highly consistent product at an affordable price.

Should be available 3/1/09 in .38 Special.
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 04-29-2010, 06:50.
    Vegetables aren’t food, vegetables are what food eats.

Have you seen any prices on the new LCR? I see it also has the option of the Crimson Trace grip. That is one light revolver. Will have to handle one ASAP. Mark

Comment

I would wait for the recall bugs to get worked out before buying one.
      Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Originally posted by markopolo50 View Post
        Have you seen any prices on the new LCR? I see it also has the option of the Crimson Trace grip. That is one light revolver. Will have to handle one ASAP. Mark
        Yes I did, but who pays MSRP?
        Vegetables aren’t food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

other than price?

Other than price is there any reason to buy one of the LCRs instead of a titanium S&W 300 series? Don't misunderstand me - price is very important.

The S&W appear to be more compact and I think they are ligher weight according to the model. At present the S&W are also avalaible in magnum calibers; it will be interesting to see if Ruger can make a cast? aluminum frame frame strong enough to handle magnum calibers. If I recall S&W has a patent on the forge scanillium alloy frame for pistol frames.

I wish I could have made it to the shot show this year - we will see what other new goodies show up!

Originally posted by kingfisherktn View Post
          Has anyone seen the new Ruger? I think I'm going to have to get one.

SOUTHPORT, CONNECTICUT, January 15, 2009 - Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is pleased to announce the new Ruger Lightweight Compact Revolver (LCR), an evolution in revolver design. The 13.5 ounce, small frame, 5-shot LCR resulting in a highly consistent product at an affordable price.
          Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
          ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Comment

So basically this is Ruger's take on S&W's 442 series. Currently you can get a 442 for around $420-$450 so I am guessing that they will sell for around that price or less if they want to compete with S&W.

Comment

for my money

The Ruger should be more corrosion resistant that the 442 if that is an issue- the 442 has a carbon steel cylinder.

For my money - if I can afford it - I'll go with one of the 300 series S&W guns - titanium cylinder in .357 for about the same weight and more compact.

Originally posted by dirtpig67 View Post
              So basically this is Ruger's take on S&W's 442 series. Currently you can get a 442 for around $420-$450 so I am guessing that they will sell for around that price or less if they want to compete with S&W.
              Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
              ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Comment

I looked at one and wasnt impressed

Comment

More Tupperware, just what the world needed:confused:

Comment

The LCR has an MSRP of $525 or $792 with Crimson Trace laser. This makes it a no sale for me unless very deeply discounted.

gary

Comment

Too little, too late

S&W has the ultralight weight revolver market pretty well sewed up right now. The Taurus titanium guns have a terrible reputation and this new Ruger quite frankly looks like a P.O.S. Like their centerfire semi-auto pistols I don't think Ruger can the get the lightweight pistol thing quite right.

Yea, I know the Ruger fans will accuse me of being intolerant, insensitive,
                      prejudice, biased, and old fashioned in wanting to stick with the conventitional marriage of wood and metal but that is just the way I am.

Originally posted by Wildalaska View Post
                      I looked at one and wasnt impressed

Comment

My daily carry is a 642 CT. It's the Airweight 5 shot .38 +P in Stainless and with the Crimson Trace Laser Grips that give you the third finger on the grip. I can't figure out how ruger could improve on this design. Especially for more money. I paid 640 for mine, retail.

Comment

Another plastic gun...give me steel, wood and leather...

Comment

It makes some sense to me, and I think it stands a chance. People criticized polymer automatics when they first came out and now they're the norm. I read a review on Gunblast, and they say the trigger is pretty slick. I like that the front sight is replaceable.

One obvious benefit of the new Ruger over S&W's: no lock!
                            Tsimshian tribe, wolf clan, the house of Walsk.

Comment

LCM

Looks like it took Ruger 50 years to catch up makeing modern compact revolvers. No need to reinvent the wheel just, copy it.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X