Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TYBSP
    replied
    I fire my Ruger Alaskan 454 Casull about twice a week and find it very accurate really, especially with handloads. Myself I prefer the shorter barrel so I can wear it on my right side (im right handed) and still be able to get it out of the holster fast. For longer barrels I use a cross draw.

Just my 2 cents hehe

Leave a comment:

• leahy
    replied
    None taken

Being a holster manufacturer, I am far more intersted in the .44 Red Hawk.
    Frankly, I didn't even read the No. 1 portion. Like em, had a few, Ho Hum.
    I like my Guide Gun and Mauser actions more.
    I think a 4" .480 and a .454 with the Super's Frame extention would be a great Alaskan packin' pistol; still easy to cary quick handling plenty of power, not as much blast as the 2.5" Ruger Alaskans.
    S&W is going the other way making those 2" (or so) Survivle Kit Guns on the X frame.
    I still prefere my 629 Mountain Gun, but is nice to have some hi power options available.
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• Paul H
    replied
    If they make the 4" in 480, I'll be oh so happy!

Leave a comment:

• Murphy
    replied
    Redhawk...

Is this Redhawk in 44 Mag or 454 or both? I was kind of caught up in the new No. 1 info.

And, as DPhillips pointed out the 450/400 is a forty caliber not a 45, and a honey it will be, too.

Yeah obviously both pics staged, no smoke and no tenssion in that shooting arm. It is very hard to catch a gun in full recoil with a camera. especially the auto focus stuff. They are slow. So I gusee they had to do something to simulate realism.

Rob, I would agree a little more weight for the 454 would be nice. I have a Bowen Redhawk in 475 and it is nasty. I shoot mostly whimpy 480's in it.

I hope all this comes to pass without blemish. I'd like to see all this stuff.
    Good shootin'.

Murphy

Leave a comment:

• DPhillips
    replied
    No point, other than it's not a 45 caliber rifle. Just thought it was odd for a shooting rag, or site to "stage" photos of recoil. No offense, and thanks for the link.

Leave a comment:

• leahy
    replied
    Posers?

So, what's your point?
    I am intersted in the content of the article or more precisly in the gun; a factory 4" .44 Red Hawk.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• DPhillips
    replied
    That photo of Diana Rupp shooting the Redhawk looks staged. Her finger is alongside the frame, not in the triggerguard in the recoil pulse. The 450-400 (40 caliber rifle, not 45 caliber) shot looks staged as well.

Leave a comment:

• SE Mike
    replied
    Thanks for the link, Rob! You just gotta love Rugers. Everybody seems to have their own pet rifle/handgun/shotgun; I'm no exception. Wish I'd kept some of the guns I've had in the past, though.

Leave a comment:

• leahy
    started a topic Finally! Ruger is making a 4" Red Hawk

Finally! Ruger is making a 4" Red Hawk

in .44 mag. An ideal platrform for Buffalo Bore and Garrett ammo.

I hope that a 4" Super Red Hawk in 454/45 Colt (with an extended frame section for a bit of weight out front) is in the near future.
    The Number 1 in .450 is intersting as well.

http://www.shootinggallery.tv/articl...ticle_90.shtml

Rob
    simplyrugged.com

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X