New discussion old handgun

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The only DE I would like is the gold plated one.it has bling bling. I could carry it in Mt.view or spenard in a shoulder rig.

    Comment


    • #17
      You could, but I suspect someone would kill you. JMHO
      Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

      Comment


      • #18
        Hahaha!!! True, very true.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by tundrawooky View Post
          The only DE I would like is the gold plated one.it has bling bling. I could carry it in Mt.view or spenard in a shoulder rig.
          My brother used his D.E. in .357 mag to discourage some gang bangers in Anchorage a couple decades ago. All that was needed was for them to see it.
          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

          Comment


          • #20
            [QUOTE=SmokeRoss;n2781420]
            My brother used his D.E. in .357 mag to discourage some gang bangers in Anchorage a couple decades ago. All that was needed was for them to see it. It wasn't a gold plated on either.

            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

            Comment


            • #21
              Well we found the benefit of the DE over a revolver. To have the most imposing, massive gun possible to scare away thugs.

              Realistically though, I would think any thug with any brains at all would be dissuaded by any gun they see you with. Assuming their not high as a kite anyways.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by moose338 View Post
                Well we found the benefit of the DE over a revolver. To have the most imposing, massive gun possible to scare away thugs.

                Realistically though, I would think any thug with any brains at all would be dissuaded by any gun they see you with. Assuming their not high as a kite anyways.
                I can say from personal experience that they wilt quite nicely when staring down the barrel of a Ruger P90 in .45ACP.
                Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

                Comment


                • #23
                  One thing to be very careful of, Alaska law does not allow for defensive display of a weapon. If it's out of the holster you're going to have some explaining to do when APD shows up after the frantic call to dispatch "he's got a gun"
                  gold plated or not weapons misconduct and 4th degree assault (pointing gun at someone)are serious crimes in Alaska. Be darn sure before you drag that hogleg out.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by tundrawooky View Post
                    One thing to be very careful of, Alaska law does not allow for defensive display of a weapon. If it's out of the holster you're going to have some explaining to do when APD shows up after the frantic call to dispatch "he's got a gun"
                    gold plated or not weapons misconduct and 4th degree assault (pointing gun at someone)are serious crimes in Alaska. Be darn sure before you drag that hogleg out.
                    Showing it in a threatening way (not even pointing it in their direction) is called brandishing and is illegal most places.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I was wrong Alaska signed HB 370 INTO LAW. allowing defensive display.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Can you point me in the right direction to find HB 370 that was signed into law?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Here's the link, I believe it passed last year.

                          https://www.akleg.gov/basis/Bill/Text/32?Hsid=HB0011A

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by moose338 View Post
                            Here's the link, I believe it passed last year.
                            The docket indicates that bill was referred to the Community and Regional Affairs Committee in February last year; they took testimony on it and held it over. There is no indication it ever passed out of that committee.
                            ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                            I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                            The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                              The docket indicates that bill was referred to the Community and Regional Affairs Committee in February last year; they took testimony on it and held it over. There is no indication it ever passed out of that committee.
                              Yes on futher reasearch I don't see anything about it ever actually passing.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Thank you. It seems this has come up several times.

                                Comment

                                Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

                                Collapse

                                Footer Adsense

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X