Lanyard for your Handgun....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanyard for your Handgun....

Ok then,,,,,, I just finished-up looking at, and comparing 10 different types of Lanyard's for Handguns,,,,, and in my Opinion this is the only One-[1] that made the Cut,,,,, Very well Made, and Tucks in Quite Nicely, didn't get caught much on the pucker-brush,,,,,, as I was walking up to the Mine, at the end of the Nabesna Rd., so there you go,,,, TG

Click image for larger version

Name:	LJ's S&W 329PD Lanyard.png
Views:	186
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	2771732
    [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ] :topjob:

They work fine..........I bought (5) FIVE of them back in April.
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

I have installed a couple of lanyards on a few of my S&W via, the Hogue grips and S&W screw in lanyard rings they used to sell. I have used US Army surplus web lanyards? But, I can see yours are of higher quality than mine,
      Steve
      "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

Comment

Looked for these on Amazon and Ebay. No luck.
        Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
          Looked for these on Amazon and Ebay. No luck.
          Ok,,,,,, take a look at this one, in my evaluation that I did, it came in 2nd, only, because of the way it was attached to the "D"-Ring, see Highlighted, ie... the Style that I chose had the ability to disconnect rather "Quickly" from that "D"-Ring in order to be attached to another point, and not having to use the "Velcro" strap if I chose to do so...... TG

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-30 101858.png
Views:	120
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	2773597

Comment

Originally posted by The German View Post

Ok,,,,,, take a look at this one, in my evaluation that I did, it came in 2nd, only, because of the way it was attached to the "D"-Ring, see Highlighted, ie... the Style that I chose had the ability to disconnect rather "Quickly" from that "D"-Ring in order to be attached to another point, and not having to use the "Velcro" strap if I chose to do so...... TG

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-30 101858.png
Views:	120
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	2773597
            Thanks. I ordered lanyard rings from the internet. 2 styles that attach to my grips without drilling.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post

Thanks. I ordered lanyard rings from the internet. 2 styles that attach to my grips without drilling.
              What kind of grips do you have and how do they attach?
              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Looks like Amazon has several types, including those illustrated, and some with velcro lanyards to attach to your belt or wrist.
                https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pistol+la..._ts-doa-p_1_14
                Michael Strahan
                Site Owner
                Alaska Hunt Consultant
                1 (406) 662-1791

Comment

Oddly enough, I have had "kind of" one on my TC Contender for 50 years. A piece of ground line goes behind the scope ring and has a 1" nylon adjustable strap that goes behind my neck. Properly adjusted when I hold the pistol up for a shot, the sling is taught behind my neck and my arms are out full ready to shoot. It provides an additional support for accuracy. When not in use, I can tuck the muzzle in my coat pocket, rest it on my arm or other places without dropping it. Lanyard or shooting support, it works very well.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                  Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                  Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post

Ok,,,,, S&W 500X Frame Grips, w/Bottom Lanyard Attachment Stud, also supplied by S&W at the time when I Ordered the Grips,,,, but it seems as though S&W does not have them available any longer, so I'm making my own out of Rifle Sling-Swivel Studs,,,,,, but there is some amount of Modification required to make them work, at the Loop Connection point on the Fire-Arm.....at the bottom of the Grips...... TG

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_5523.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	2773662

Comment

Appreciate the response German, but I was asking SmokeRoss because I know he has the Ruger like mine, but don't recall what grips he has. Plus, I am interested in how the lanyard is attached with no drilling. Thanks anyway though.
                      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Appreciate the response German, but I was asking SmokeRoss because I know he has the Ruger like mine, but don't recall what grips he has. Plus, I am interested in how the lanyard is attached with no drilling. Thanks anyway though.
                        Ok,,,,,, but just to be clear, the S&W Grips do not require Drilling, that attachment Point is a 10-24 or a 10-32 Screw Attachment, which holds the Grips on the Gun...... and just for your viewing pleasure, here is my Ruger, with Lanyard Attachment...... TG

Name:	LJ's Ruger SBH-Bisley Hunter (1).JPG
Views:	73
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	2773667 Click image for larger version

Name:	LJ's Ruger SBH-Bisley Hunter (2).jpg
Views:	56
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	2773668

Comment

Hogue and Pachmeyer. The Hogue attaches to the screw used to hole the grip in place on the bottom. The Pachmeyer has a stem that mounts between the grip sides.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X