Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S&W 329PD .44 Mag New SS Cylinder.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W 329PD .44 Mag New SS Cylinder.......

Ok,,,,, did this work about a month ago now, just now got out and shot some different Loads, but I was really looking forward to shooting some of my 320gr Alaska Backpacker rounds, as I had shot some of these last fall, and they were just alittle-sticky on extraction,,,,, and after firing a couple of cylinder's full,,,,,, VERY pleased with the outcome of this work-over, ie... extracted very easy > just Like BUTTER,,,,, also shot 5-rounds pretty Quick, pulled the 6th round, and checked OAL,,,,, right on the MONEY, No movement what so ever, I also Reamed & Honed all 6-Cylinder Throats on that New 629 Cylinder, to .431thou.+/- also cut-in an 11deg Forcing-Cone, and Squared it up with a .005thou. clearance to the Cyl. Face......and Yea, it's 4oz heavier, I can live with that...... TG

Click image for larger version

Name:	LJ's S&W 329PD.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	2769307
    [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ] :topjob:

Nice job! I've got a 329PD and wouldn't think of loading those big horses in there!

Comment

Dang it! Thought this was for sale.<br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Comment

Originally posted by akaviator View Post
        Nice job! I've got a 329PD and wouldn't think of loading those big horses in there!
        Ok then,,,,, well I've had this Rig since early 2003, and it's had quite a few modifications,,,,, those 320gr loads are for when I'm in areas where there could be a situation, normally it's loaded with the BB 255gr RR loads, and I practice with over the counter fodder rounds, both Mag & Spec loads...... TG

Comment

Originally posted by The German View Post

Ok then,,,,, well I've had this Rig since early 2003, and it's had quite a few modifications,,,,, those 320gr loads are for when I'm in areas where there could be a situation, normally it's loaded with the BB 255gr RR loads, and I practice with over the counter fodder rounds, both Mag & Spec loads...... TG
          Oh, I don't doubt your loadings or your gun to handle them sir! I'm thoroughly impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by akaviator View Post

Oh, I don't doubt your loadings or your gun to handle them sir! I'm thoroughly impressed!
            Ok then,,,,,,, Thanks for your reply, and I'm TOTALY Convinced at this point, that adding the SS Cylinder, and Cutting in the 11deg Forcing Cone, was the BEST Mod to Date,,,,, and, another possible Bonus here, is that by Reaming those Cyl. Throats out,,,,, I'm noticing very little gas/heat cutting, dis-coloration of the Blast-Shield,,,,,, and since this Gun has been back to S&W 4-times now, for the Blast-Shield replacement, I might have stumbled-on to something here,,,,,, we'll see what we see, going forward....... TG

Comment

Very interesting thread. Thanks for the info! Although my hand is hurting just thinking about shooting those loads with my 329pd.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeser View Post
                Very interesting thread. Thanks for the info! Although my hand is hurting just thinking about shooting those loads with my 329pd.
                Ok then,,,,,, but to compensate, the Gun is Ported, and I added the X-frame Grips,,,, But yea, it's still a Hand-Full,,,,, but I like it..... TG

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X