X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ruffle
    replied
    Originally posted by gunbugs View Post
    And be aware that many of the holsters for a 340, if they have a thumbsnap, secure around the back of the trigger guard, as the hammer is "concealed". A holster specific to a 360 will typically secure around the back of the exposed hammer. The trigger guard type can be a difficult thing, as some grips will block the strap from doing it's job, if they cover some of the rear surface of the trigger guard.
    Thanks. I believe it was Galco who stated that the 360 would fit into a holster for a 340PD.

I'll try the El Paso folks, as the fellow referenced above in Wasilla didn't have what I was looking for (thumb break in particular), among other features. And I rarely if ever carry a holster that doesn't have a thumb break, and even then, prefer a retention screw as well, ALONG with the TB.

I looked again at Falco (not Galco), and I have an IWB holster from Craft Holsters (related to Falco), for an old Ruger Speed-Six, 2-3/4" bbl., and while they make a decent utility grade holster, it is not as custom-fitted to a specific firearm as I would like. Sometimes less is just ... less.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• gunbugs
    replied
    And be aware that many of the holsters for a 340, if they have a thumbsnap, secure around the back of the trigger guard, as the hammer is "concealed". A holster specific to a 360 will typically secure around the back of the exposed hammer. The trigger guard type can be a difficult thing, as some grips will block the strap from doing it's job, if they cover some of the rear surface of the trigger guard.

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    +1 for El Paso Saddlery. Also, Black Hills Leather does top shelf work.

Leave a comment:

• gunbugs
    replied
    El Paso Saddlery. Impeccable craftsmanship.

Leave a comment:

• The German
    replied
    Ok then,,,,,, Check out David Johnston @ -[diamonddcustomleather.com]- in Wasilla AK. or Call @ 907-631-4212
    and Yea,,,,, I've got 3-of his Rigs.... TG
    Last edited by The German; 02-13-2021, 17:09. Reason: info:

Leave a comment:

• ruffle
    started a topic Proper Holster for a S&W Mod. 360

Proper Holster for a S&W Mod. 360

I've spent an outrageous amount of time searching on-line for a reasonably priced left-hand, OWB, leather, thumb-break holster, preferably with a slight forward cant, for a S&W Model 360, 1.87" bbl. .357 Magnum, with no raised, red dot, or laser sights on it. It has a spurred hammer.

A thumb break and the rest are 'must haves' for me with any holster I carry concealed, and preferably with the tensioning rubber 'doughnut' to aid in secure carry, though that part I can live without if I have to.

So far, the only ones I've come up with are either Galco or DeSantis, and the one they had, they wanted an MSRP of $135 for. Craft holsters (out of the Slovakian Countries, if I recall) is more or less a clearing house for a variety of holsters, but the one I received from them for another .357 here didn't impress me much. Not terrible, but not a holster that had me declaring I needed more of their stuff.

So, any ideas?? Left handed, S&W Model 360, 1.87" bbl., thumb-break holster, for a 1.5 "to 1.75" belt?? Any resources are welcome.

I'm told that a holster for a S&W Modell 340PD will also fit, though it will be about 1/16th of an inch longer in the barrel length allowed in the holster (I can live with that)

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X