Proper Holster for a S&W Mod. 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Holster for a S&W Mod. 360

I've spent an outrageous amount of time searching on-line for a reasonably priced left-hand, OWB, leather, thumb-break holster, preferably with a slight forward cant, for a S&W Model 360, 1.87" bbl. .357 Magnum, with no raised, red dot, or laser sights on it. It has a spurred hammer.

A thumb break and the rest are 'must haves' for me with any holster I carry concealed, and preferably with the tensioning rubber 'doughnut' to aid in secure carry, though that part I can live without if I have to.

So far, the only ones I've come up with are either Galco or DeSantis, and the one they had, they wanted an MSRP of $135 for. Craft holsters (out of the Slovakian Countries, if I recall) is more or less a clearing house for a variety of holsters, but the one I received from them for another .357 here didn't impress me much. Not terrible, but not a holster that had me declaring I needed more of their stuff.

So, any ideas?? Left handed, S&W Model 360, 1.87" bbl., thumb-break holster, for a 1.5 "to 1.75" belt?? Any resources are welcome.

I'm told that a holster for a S&W Modell 340PD will also fit, though it will be about 1/16th of an inch longer in the barrel length allowed in the holster (I can live with that)

Ok then,,,,,, Check out David Johnston @ -[diamonddcustomleather.com]- in Wasilla AK. or Call @ 907-631-4212
    and Yea,,,,, I've got 3-of his Rigs.... TG
    Last edited by The German; 2 weeks ago. Reason: info:
    [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ] :topjob:

Comment

El Paso Saddlery. Impeccable craftsmanship.
      "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

+1 for El Paso Saddlery. Also, Black Hills Leather does top shelf work.
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

And be aware that many of the holsters for a 340, if they have a thumbsnap, secure around the back of the trigger guard, as the hammer is "concealed". A holster specific to a 360 will typically secure around the back of the exposed hammer. The trigger guard type can be a difficult thing, as some grips will block the strap from doing it's job, if they cover some of the rear surface of the trigger guard.
          "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Originally posted by gunbugs View Post
            And be aware that many of the holsters for a 340, if they have a thumbsnap, secure around the back of the trigger guard, as the hammer is "concealed". A holster specific to a 360 will typically secure around the back of the exposed hammer. The trigger guard type can be a difficult thing, as some grips will block the strap from doing it's job, if they cover some of the rear surface of the trigger guard.
            Thanks. I believe it was Galco who stated that the 360 would fit into a holster for a 340PD.

I'll try the El Paso folks, as the fellow referenced above in Wasilla didn't have what I was looking for (thumb break in particular), among other features. And I rarely if ever carry a holster that doesn't have a thumb break, and even then, prefer a retention screw as well, ALONG with the TB.

I looked again at Falco (not Galco), and I have an IWB holster from Craft Holsters (related to Falco), for an old Ruger Speed-Six, 2-3/4" bbl., and while they make a decent utility grade holster, it is not as custom-fitted to a specific firearm as I would like. Sometimes less is just ... less.

Thanks again.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X