Alaskan's handgun carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaskan's handgun carry?

I'd like to know just how many Alaskans carry a model 29 S&W and the finish(blue, nickel, or stainless) they prefer on this gun? Since I live in Illinois and own my share I will not count my own. I no longer see the option for a poll, so guess you'll have to post?
    "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

What I carry in the woods is a Redhawk. Either in .44 Magnum with some serious loads, or my .45 Colt version stoked up, but lately have been packing my Ruger Toklat in .454. I won't use loads like these in a S&W 29.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

I usually carry a 629 3” when in the woods or a river, and have another 4” and 5”. I love the guns.

Comment

I carry a 629 with a 6 inch barrel, stainless steel, for hiking/fishing/general knocking around Alaska. I recently came across some old Pachmayer grips and I like them much better than the issued grips. I like the looks of the blued better but I am lazy about cleaning my guns.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeyjack View Post
          I carry a 629 with a 6 inch barrel, stainless steel, for hiking/fishing/general knocking around Alaska. I recently came across some old Pachmayer grips and I like them much better than the issued grips. I like the looks of the blued better but I am lazy about cleaning my guns.
          I had the same gun in 44 mag, which I also put Pachmayer grips on as well. Mucho better for me too. These days I tote the Ruger RH in 45 colt....also stainless.

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

.500 S&W, 2 3/4 barrel with high visibility yellow grips.<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AK Troutbum View Post
              .500 S&W, 2 3/4 barrel with high visibility yellow grips.<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Stainless?

Comment

I don't have a single woods carry handgun. Depends on my mood and the weather what I carry on any given day.

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post

Stainless?
                  Yes sir it is.

Comment

Most of the time I carry a S&W 329 pd. The finish looks to be holding up great. It is light and easy on the body.
                    Other times when needed I carry a stainless S&W 460, which is much more of a burden to carry while active.

Comment

When I had a M29, I did not carry it in the woods. To me, this was too nice of a pistol to beat up. The 29 got shot a lot as I used it to shoot IHMSA. For a long time I carried a stainless Ruger RedHawk, in 44 mag. It was a stout pistol that would handle any load I put in it. However as time goes on, I have switched to a Glock G20sf 10 MM. I have no issues having this pistol in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by AK Bearcat View Post
                        ....However as time goes on, I have switched to a Glock G20sf 10 MM. I have no issues having this pistol in the woods.
                        Yes, if I was to carry any other, that would be the one. Maybe not the Glock, but definitely the 10mm.

Comment

I'm performing an outdoor wedding tomorrow. I'll be strapped, with one of my big Heaters. The groom ain't getting away, and no bears will be interfering with our solemn ceremony.
                          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
                            I'm performing an outdoor wedding tomorrow. I'll be strapped, with one of my big Heaters. The groom ain't getting away, and no bears will be interfering with our solemn ceremony.
                            LOL!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey Steve, I'm Sportin a 329PD, using Buffalo Bores 255gr. for the most part, also run some 300 gr. Hard-Cast Loaded by Bob Wiseman, down on the Kenai.....
                              TG
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	LJ's_S&amp;W_329PD_Mag-Na-Ported 001.jpg Views:	90 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	2756610 Click image for larger version  Name:	LJ's_S&amp;W_329PD_Mag-Na-Ported 009.jpg Views:	93 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	2756611
                              Last edited by The German; 3 weeks ago.
                              [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ] :topjob:

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X