Still thinking about the Huntington conversion for my SRH .480

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still thinking about the Huntington conversion for my SRH .480

Talked to Jack sometime back about shortening the barrel and installing a taller front sight to go(use the same holster etc.) with my Toklat?
    Steve
    "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

Let us know how it turns out. I really like my 480 (other than the rough trigger!) but the barrel does seem to cover most of the area from my waist to knee.

Comment

I took mine to Wildwest Guns in Anchorage and had the Wolverine treatment applied to it. They removed a lot of the extra weight, cut the barrel to 4 5/8 inch and cut the cylinder to accept full moon clips. Love the results. Nice carry and the trigger is to die for? Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	480 Super Redhawk 1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	2755340

Comment

Thanks for the trigger news, Jim. WWG seem to have a love or hate thing on the web. I've never been to their shop; will have to put a stop in on my to do list when I have some extra $.

Like your lanyard ring!

Comment

Originally posted by jdb3 View Post
          I took mine to Wildwest Guns in Anchorage and had the Wolverine treatment applied to it. They removed a lot of the extra weight, cut the barrel to 4 5/8 inch and cut the cylinder to accept full moon clips. Love the results. Nice carry and the trigger is to die for? Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	480 Super Redhawk 1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	2755340
          Love the look is that cerakote?

Comment

How much does it weigh now after the wolverine treatment?

Comment

Mine weighs in at 39 oz. Quite a difference from the original weight and with the shortened barrel it is much easier to carry. My friend Mike did the Cerakote for me and I got the lanyard from Bowen. Jim

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X