Shooting steel cased ammo in 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting steel cased ammo in 1911

I have yet to resort to shooting Tula type ammo in my Ruger 1911 Commander. However I was just offered 1,000 rounds for $200. Should I jump on it or am I better off just walking away?

Originally posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I have yet to resort to shooting Tula type ammo in my Ruger 1911 Commander. However I was just offered 1,000 rounds for $200. Should I jump on it or am I better off just walking away?
    Most of them will readily consume "ball" ammo but most are finicky with other types of projectiles. Steel takes it's toll on parts like the feed ramp and extractor so you have to decide if you want to wear those areas to save about $150.
    sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Comment

The fun factor outweighs the wear and tear as all parts of a 1911 are easily replaceable! Shoot what you brung!
      When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
      '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"
      2018 12' Moto Jet "River Pup"

Comment

Quality ammo produces quality results. Cheap ammo produces cheap results.
        "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Let's see, $.20 per round for steel case or $.05 for cast reloads. No contest as I'm cheap and Id rather not run steel against if not necessary.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X