No announcement yet.

glock 10 jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It IS the abbreviations that confuse me.

Also, I FTU, (Fail To Understand) what is so exciting about 10 mm. You should be able to, Hot Up 45 ACP to Jam capacity, also.

Is the ballistics of the 10mm superior to that of the 45 ACP, in any meaningful way? For Bears or anything?

I've been shooting 230 gr FMJ, FLs, and my 200 gr cast SWC HLs. Not trying to extract more power than the norm.

Steenking Clocks.. Steenking Teen elevens..

When it comes to handguns for bears, I'm still in Revolver Mode.

Smitty of they North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Comment

Originally posted by kk alaska View Post
      I used Bufalo Bore recomendations 22# spring on my stock Glock with 220 gr BB ammo works great much more controllable than my wheel guns. Can fire shots down range faster with more accuracy. Plus easier to go out the door with full mag of BB and 2 spare for walk in bear country. Which starts at my door. With the wheel gun a model 29 in 44 mag which I have owned since about 78, always
      spending time looking for right ammo. Just feel more confident with the Glock 20 and 14 of its 220 gr friends than the 29 after shooting them side by side.
      Which is why I switched my stock spring to the 22# one about 5 years ago when I first got the glock, per BB recommendations.

Comment

Perhaps (I donít know for sure) the followingrelates to the OPís issue:

My three Glock 10mms (G29, G20, & G40) all haveKKM barrels. So, thereís a difference. None of them reliably rechamber Buffalo Bore 220gr HC loads. The slide often will fail to close all of the way, preventing firing follow-up rounds. They will always fire the first round for some reason. My 6.3Ē10mm Dan Wesson Bruin fires them fine.

As to the Glocks (albeit with KKM barrels), I think itís an issue with the COAL perhaps combined with the shape of the BB bullets. My three 10mm Glocks and my 6.3Ē 10mm Dan WessonBruin all fire DoubleTap 200gr HC and Underwood 220gr and 200gr HC without anyfail ever. The UW 220gr HC leaves the barrel over 50 fps faster than the BB 220gr HC.

Try the UW 220gr HC, it might work fine. Iíve chronoed many of them: I actually carry, in angry bear country, the solid-copperUW 140gr Extreme Penetrator. From tests Iíve seen, it penetrates about 70% or 80% as much as the 220gr HC, but does alot more damage along the way. It does not appear to deform in animals. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by MarineHawk View Post
          Perhaps (I donít know for sure) the followingrelates to the OPís issue:

My three Glock 10mms (G29, G20, & G40) all haveKKM barrels. So, thereís a difference. None of them reliably rechamber Buffalo Bore 220gr HC loads. The slide often will fail to close all of the way, preventing firing follow-up rounds. They will always fire the first round for some reason. My 6.3Ē10mm Dan Wesson Bruin fires them fine.

As to the Glocks (albeit with KKM barrels), I think itís an issue with the COAL perhaps combined with the shape of the BB bullets. My three 10mm Glocks and my 6.3Ē 10mm Dan WessonBruin all fire DoubleTap 200gr HC and Underwood 220gr and 200gr HC without anyfail ever. The UW 220gr HC leaves the barrel over 50 fps faster than the BB 220gr HC.

Try the UW 220gr HC, it might work fine. Iíve chronoed many of them: I actually carry, in angry bear country, the solid-copperUW 140gr Extreme Penetrator. From tests Iíve seen, it penetrates about 70% or 80% as much as the 220gr HC, but does alot more damage along the way. It does not appear to deform in animals. YMMV.
          thanks for the comparison charts. have not seen the 140gr Extreme Penetrator, ( to be honest, have not looked, focused on BB) might look into those next time IM in Alaska Ammo.

Been crazy busy past few days, tomorrow night gonna go to the range and see if the 190 grains BB work. Got to get regeared for Moose hunt next weekend, and want my glock working right

Comment

I actually carry, in angry bear country, the solid-copperUW 140gr Extreme Penetrator. From tests Iíve seen, it penetrates about 70% or 80% as much as the 220gr HC, but does alot more damage along the way. It does not appear to deform in animals. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I want whatever has a better chance of penetrating through skull, breast plate, or spine in 10mm. Who cares about soft tissue penetration and damage, the bear would still have plenty of time to kill you before it knew it was dead..... my .02 cents. For deer hunting in black bear coutry sure..

Comment

I have a KKM barrel and a 22# spring in my G20 and shoot Underwood ammo. I had the same problem, but it seemed to help when I swapped out the magazine springs for the +10% from Wolff.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X