Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	2514110
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Ok, I'll bite. Whatcha making Andy? That looks like you're milling a receiver from scratch(?). If so, can you really call it a "Model 70"?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

They are just Winchester Model 70s (mostly pre 64 features) in 4 action lengths with integral bases, long magazines and one piece bottoms.

I was just tired and sleepy, board stiff of watching the machine cut for an hour per part . . . there are 30 of them so that is 30 hours of boardom watching this hogging operation run. Back at it now . . . <sigh>
      Andy
      On the web= C-lazy-F.co
      Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
      Call/Text 602-315-2406
      Phoenix Arizona

Comment

On day five of turkey,potpie tonight should about do it in.
        Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Originally posted by ADfields View Post
          They are just Winchester Model 70s (mostly pre 64 features) in 4 action lengths with integral bases, long magazines and one piece bottoms.
          Nice. Then do you use Winchester bolts and safeties, or....? Are these all for the same customer?
          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
            Nice. Then do you use Winchester bolts and safeties, or....? Are these all for the same customer?
            It's my brother in-law Bill's project, I'm just running some of the prototype production for him. Yes all for one customer, a builder in Vermont named Matt. Bill does lots of high end Mauser stuff (for Garnet Mountain Arms) but these are the prototype run of Winchester and it takes a LOT to hammer out all the little bugs. We have 15 pre 64 rifles tore down and when you get down to the nitty every one is built a little different so lots of reverse thinking and path picking.

We will make everything but springs, pins, and sights in-house, just cut the first stock yesterday from a $500 hunk of California walnut. May run some of these in titanium later too.

4 action lengths, 223, 308, 30-06/WM, and full on magnum for 375H&H/500Jef and so on. Barrels get cut from 2-1/2" Krieger blanks with all sight bases, sling points, or ribs milled from the steel for a one piece solid barrel. It's been a year of tinkering so far and Matt should have the first rifle 100% by Christmas . . . we just got to get him a bolt done and heat treated by next week.
            Andy
            On the web= C-lazy-F.co
            Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
            Call/Text 602-315-2406
            Phoenix Arizona

Comment

20 right hand that just need 2 more operations, one is to open the bottoms.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141202_2130551_zps64971c37.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	2493315

This is the other . . . who can guess what this hunk of iron does to a receiver?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141203_2000001_zps045fddba.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	2493316
              Andy
              On the web= C-lazy-F.co
              Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
              Call/Text 602-315-2406
              Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Footer Adsense