No announcement yet.

41 Magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet if you get a .41, you'll soon be wishing you got a .44.

And I bet that if you get a .44, you'll soon be thinking about getting a .41.

FWIW there's no real .41 special brass from what I can tell, so you'd be missing that perk of the .44.

Comment

Originally posted by mike h View Post
      I bet if you get a .41, you'll soon be wishing you got a .44.

And I bet that if you get a .44, you'll soon be thinking about getting a .41.

FWIW there's no real .41 special brass from what I can tell, so you'd be missing that perk of the .44.
      The 41 mag ammo wasn't cheap and all I found was bear loads (about $30 a box for 20 rds). The guy I bought from did have a box of ammo that was smaller grain...Not sure of number. But it was the same price as the hunting loads I bought at sportsman's.

But there was ammo, which is funny b/c I called 6 places and was told they didn't have any rounds and didn't know when they would get some, yet those same locations all had the ammo when i went in person.

But I saw no 44 mag ammo.

I've only shot mine 5 times to get a feel for it. Very accurate. Not to bad of a kick.
      I'm happy with it, and I know the single action will take some getting used to.
      Now I need to finish getting my reloading components so that I can load my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post

But there was ammo, which is funny b/c I called 6 places and was told they didn't have any rounds and didn't know when they would get some, yet those same locations all had the ammo when i went in person.

But I saw no 44 mag ammo.
        Wonder if the sales people don't even bother to look it up when you call anymore. It's just easier to assume they don't have it whenever someone asks for any type of ammunition.

Comment

Originally posted by mike h View Post
          Wonder if the sales people don't even bother to look it up when you call anymore. It's just easier to assume they don't have it whenever someone asks for any type of ammunition.
          That is what i was thinking. I explained that I lived in the bush and would only have a rental car for a day. Trying to maximize my shopping time...lol

Comment

The difference between the 44 and the 41 with heavy hand loads isn't enough to matter to any critter. I have a 225gr cast that shoots right at 1500fps, a 200gr cast at 1200 as well as the jacketed 270 gr at 1200. The 41 can be loaded with plinker loads in the 41mag brass just as well as "41 special".

Comment

I've got a couple of 44 Mags but always wanted a fixed sight double action revolver in 41.
              Now I have one.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot a handful of whitetail deer with 41's and they did not go far and the bullets did plenty damage to bones and vitals. I had S&W dbl actions and Ruger single actions, both were fun to shoot until the loads got real hot, then not so much!
                When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

Careful aim and shot placement.
                  http://www.adn.com/article/20141106/...appens-seconds

Comment

Originally posted by AZVince View Post
                    I've got a couple of 44 Mags but always wanted a fixed sight double action revolver in 41.
                    Now I have one.

Thought I'd post a picture of the new one.
                    It was a duty gun in a past life and wears the scars to prove it. Not pretty but rugged and true.
                    I'll work up a bipedal lead load that mimics the old police load for bipedal aggressors and a bear protection load with some penetration. I'm also thinking of having it Cerakoted to help with rust and weather abuse. Please note the old box of ammo. That's the original police load for that gun and the box is full and I intend to keep it that way.

Comment

Nice model 58, Vince. Coating it will destroy what value it still has. Just use it, and take care of it. If you are fearing rust, just pay attention to the gun in the field.
                      "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Yes very nice. I agree don't coat it but if you must I'm in North Phoenix and can do.
                        Andy
                        On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                        Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                        Call/Text 602-315-2406
                        Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Upon further research I find this may be a first production run revolver. I think I'll carry it, shoot it, and enjoy it, but otherwise leave it alone.

Comment

Since I gravitate to the resolver as a carry gun I'm going to work up a 210 grain lead SWC that mimics the old police load for bipedal aggressors and start packing it in town.

Comment

I own both a model 57*4" and RBH 6&1/2" so I guess I'm a fan of this caliber. Recently took delivery of a Mountain Mold in 265 grains, that I confess, I've not done anything with, yet.
                              Steve
                              "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

Comment

Whether you pack a .41 or .44, make sure you have a quality bullet that will hold together and penetrate deep. Practice with it and know where it hits with that round. I have taken plenty of animals with a .44. Don't grab just any old ammo when your life may depend on it.
                                Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X