Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

454 Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 454 Challenge

    Are you up to it?? Holy Smokes.

    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

  • #2
    Originally posted by Snyd View Post
    Are you up to it?? Holy Smokes.
    If YOU, as a Beeg Bore enthusiast are amazed, (You did say, "Holy Smokes") I'm plumb flabbergasted.

    Honestly, I would not have thought it possible to recover from the recoil so fast. And, SA no less.

    I wonder what Andy, can so with his DA 460s.

    Good accuracy, even at 5 yards, IMO. BTW, how long do it take for Mr. Bar to cover 5 yards?

    All, in all, I nearly certain I'd be better off with a leetle less bang.

    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

    Comment


    • #3
      My ten and fifteen yard bouyball pull through the legs does not look that relaxed at all..Use a 12" bouyball pulled fast by hand and try to get six shots off before it dumps ya. Three hits a good score,seen five hits only once with the full power 454. The 44 and 45 are much better for this game but six hits is still hard to come by.
      Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

      Comment


      • #4
        D/A I can put 5 390g at 1400fps in a paper plate at 5 yards somewhere about that fast but prefer to go a tad slower and aim more . . . they tend to go low with speed, guns passing the target before I can work the action. Must admit that I'm quite a am quite a bit faster with my trusty rusty 357 Blackhawk.
        Andy
        On the web= C-lazy-F.co
        Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
        Call/Text 602-315-2406
        Phoenix Arizona

        Comment


        • #5
          Practice, practice, practice. All it takes is a goal, time, ammo, and dedication.
          "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gunbugs View Post
            Practice, practice, practice. All it takes is a goal, time, ammo, and dedication.

            What he said. But I'm still impressed. It was difficult for me to tell, were most of those guys hitting in black with those shots? That last guy shoots as fast as most folks with a 9mm. Makes me think about a SA Ruger 44 rather than a DA.

            BTW, if someone has a SA 454, we can all get together and do this as an homage to the Ice Bucket Challenge on Facebook. Each person challenges 3 friends (on film,) then shoots their 5 rounds. Post it on Facebook. Whoever owns the pistol can buy the ammo. =)

            Comment


            • #7
              I think I'll practice with my Single Six.

              Less exciting, but also less painful, and less scary.

              Smitty of the North
              Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
              Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
              You can't out-give God.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ADfields View Post
                D/A I can put 5 390g at 1400fps in a paper plate at 5 yards somewhere about that fast but prefer to go a tad slower and aim more . . . they tend to go low with speed, guns passing the target before I can work the action. Must admit that I'm quite a am quite a bit faster with my trusty rusty 357 Blackhawk.
                OK, that's impressive.

                Every time I tried to shoot my 357 fast, the bullets went all over the place. Hopefully, all in the same general direction, though.

                I am about to make history with your 7mm RM. I'll fill you in later.

                Smitty of the North
                Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
                Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
                You can't out-give God.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Smitty of the North View Post
                  OK, that's impressive.

                  Every time I tried to shoot my 357 fast, the bullets went all over the place. Hopefully, all in the same general direction, though.

                  I am about to make history with your 7mm RM. I'll fill you in later.

                  Smitty of the North
                  I've had that Blackhawk near about all my life and put more rounds through it than anything ever, its like a part of me. I can learn other guns but the ones I learned when I was young are still the ones that feel, point and aim most natural to me . . . isometric grip and that 357 falls right back onto a close target fast as I can calk the hammer.
                  Andy
                  On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                  Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                  Call/Text 602-315-2406
                  Phoenix Arizona

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Max and I are friends. He lives and works nearby. In another session, he got his time down to 2.9 sec. He's the real deal. I've seen him hit beer cans at 100 yds offhand with his big bores. He just killed a water buffalo last month in Argentina with his Ruger SRH .480. I wish I could bring him along as my bodyguard on my bear hunt. Good guy, and, of course, a former Marine.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We all all still Marines.Heck I still got Marine I.D. to get on bases.
                      Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Amigo Will View Post
                        We all all still Marines.Heck I still got Marine I.D. to get on bases.
                        Agreed Amigo. Semper fi. I just have to use some word to distinguish myself from the guys currently doing all the heavy lifting.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
                          What he said. But I'm still impressed. It was difficult for me to tell, were most of those guys hitting in black with those shots? That last guy shoots as fast as most folks with a 9mm. Makes me think about a SA Ruger 44 rather than a DA.
                          It does, seem to indicate that one is NOT handicapped by choosing a SA over a DA. (Which seems to be the normal thinking.)

                          Smitty of the North

                          Wah, h, h, h, hoo. (Rebel Yell)
                          Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
                          Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
                          You can't out-give God.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Unless one can oh use one hand.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Armymark View Post
                              Unless one can oh use one hand.
                              Well, you can use only ONE hand and shoot SA.

                              What am I missing here?

                              Smitty of the North
                              Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
                              Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
                              You can't out-give God.

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X